Wheelhorse Cab

/ Wheelhorse Cab #1  

rickeyrum

Tractor
Wheelhorse 414-8
Hey there all you tractor members,

Has anyone built a tractor cab for a 400 series Wheelhorse tractor that has an Ark loader. If you have can you please send along some pictures of your creation. Also does anyone know if a "D" series cab will fit on a 400 series tractor.

Thank you in advance to all of you for any assistance you may be able to provide to me.

Rickeyrum

/ Wheelhorse Cab #2  
Funny we are thinking the same thing. Yesterday i started thinking about a cab for my 416H with kwik way loader. I'll probly start on my own build soon

/ Wheelhorse Cab
Stockblock,

Thanks for replying to my post. I have been looking on the internet for ideas to build one. It seems there are many John Deere tractors with loaders and cabs but I haven't seen any for the Wheel Horse. I'm curious how you are going to build around the hydraulic post and the lifting cylinders. Let me know what you had in mind as our two front end loaders are similar to one another.

Rickeyrum

/ Wheelhorse Cab #4  
I'm thinking I'm going to replace the rear fenders with something of my own design ( probly section some trailer fenders) and build from there. It will be a bit narrow in the foot area but unfortunately there isn't a lot of options.

/ Wheelhorse Cab #5  
I found a picture of what sounds like your tractor on the net and cobbled up something quick for starters. Most of a frame can be made of 1" square tube. The doors could be hinged in the front for easier access. It could be fastened to the loader frame in the front - of course the loader would then need to be on for the cab. The pic shows some sort of frame for the counterweight, so if yours doesn't have that, you might be able to add something there. It would give you a little more room inside if you kept the width of the outside of the loader frame. Coming back off the bottom of that frame it would be simple to add framing for a bit more floor space.

I built a cab for my tractor and it worked best for me to have a basic design and then get started. It was beyond my capabilities because there were too many curves, angles, etc for me to develop a complete dimensioned plan to work from.

Sealing the front and side gaps can be as easy as picking up a piece of rubber roofing material to trim and fasten to the front frame. I did some sub-framing on mine and used the heavy clear plastic strips found on drive-through doors of refrigerated rooms. Wish you success with your build!

Attachments

• c-160 with loader 22.JPG
    c-160 with loader 22.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 439
   / Wheelhorse Cab
Chim,

Thank you for finding me a picture of a tractor and the skelton frame for a cab.I like your ideas of mounting the frame to the loader sub frame and to the weight box as this is exactly what I have to work with on mine. My loader is a little bit different but nothing that can"t be worked around with some steel and plastic.

Rickeyrum

/ Wheelhorse Cab #7  
One small alteration to the rough design pictured above is, the cross bar in front of the steering wheel won't allow the hood to open. By the time you move it back enough to clear the hood, the windshield will be getting mighty close to the steering wheel.

NOT an end all to the project, just something to watch out for before you're too far into the build.

/ Wheelhorse Cab #8  
Also, the tilt on the front windshield is too far inward, if you ask me.
The top of it should come out a bit more as to not catch so much rain,
not flat vertically, but almost is what i'd do.

/ Wheelhorse Cab #9  
You can do like I did, just grab some wood and start mocking up. That way it's easily changeable. I just kept adding/changing until I felt comfortable with design. Wood is cheap and easy work with. Once you get what you want, then make out of steel or not.