Broke down and bought a GC1705

/ Broke down and bought a GC1705 #1  

kboggs

Tractor
John Deere 950, Massey Ferguson GC1705
Well I have hung out here for awhile now and read like crazy. Proud to say that today I finally after months of looking comparing and contemplating purchased a GC1705 with FEL and MMM. I liked the dealer and they are 6 miles away with friendly people. Now to wait till Monday for delivery. I do like the forums here and they have proven helpful to me as well. I now have a John Deere and Massey Ferguson so guess I can speak of both worlds to some extent soon. I can't wait to get some seat time and do a review for you all. They also now have a 5 year powertrain warranty on the GC so I was pleased to find that out and apparently by the way the dealer talked they just got the info in an email today, so that gives me a little more piece of mind.

I look forward to some initial and then long term reviews. I am glad to be able to read reviews and opinions here when I was looking at Tractors for the last couple years so will certainly put mine out here as well.

Later,
Kevin.

/ Broke down and bought a GC1705 #2  
I have the GC2400 and love how it handles, mows great and FEL is very handy. Since yours is the new version you should love it even more.:D

/ Broke down and bought a GC1705 #3  
Congrats on the new machine

/ Broke down and bought a GC1705 #4  
Congratulations! You'll find that it's an amazingly capable "little" machine. I'm still loving mine after 7 years and 500 hrs; it has really made my life a lot easier concerning both lawn mowing and snow removal.:thumbsup:

2:23:09-1.JPGBlowing 12:17-1.JPGmowing 6:09-3.JPG

/ Broke down and bought a GC1705
Thanks, and I hope it makes mine easier too! Excited to finally quit looking and pick a machine out.

Kevin.

/ Broke down and bought a GC1705 #6  
Congrats on the new tractor.

Should be here today for delivery! Already have a list of jobs from carrying in wood to stack and gravel smoothing to start this Massey's new home.

/ Broke down and bought a GC1705 #8  
Should be here today for delivery! Already have a list of jobs from carrying in wood to stack and gravel smoothing to start this Massey's new home.

Your list will outgrow the paper soon lol ...

So far it has been very useful. My son enjoys it as well and it has given me a reason to accomplish some chores. It even got to plow snow once so far. Hoping the weather breaks soon and I can get the yard rolled along with some other chores that I need the ground up some for. Very happy with it so far though and glad I purchased the Massey. It's built my sons dirt track for his 4 wheeler also which took some time but it done a nice job of it.

Kevin.

/ Broke down and bought a GC1705 #10  
Great! You'll be amazed at how many "new" jobs you'll be able to get done with that piece of equipment. It opens up a whole new world. irvingj