Universal Quick Attach

/ Universal Quick Attach #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
When I get a larger PT, I would like to explore the option of adding a Skid Steer Universal Quick Attach system to the tractor. Advantages include the ability to choose from a much wider variety of attachments and manufactures, a ready market for used attachments to buy or sell, and the ability to rent attachments (although I’m not thrilled about mixing hydraulic fluids…I wonder if I could add a filter to the attachment return line?).

Anyone tried this? I have looked for a Quick Attach system that could be retrofitted to the PT and haven’t found one. Any ideas?

/ Universal Quick Attach #2  
<font color="red"> (although I’m not thrilled about mixing hydraulic fluids…I wonder if I could add a filter to the attachment return line?). </font>
My experience has been that I have been unable to rent hydraulically powered attachments separately because of fluid incompatibilities. Rental firms in my area simply require the rental of a machine as well to get the hydraulic attachment.

/ Universal Quick Attach #3  
I would drain the rental attachment as much as I could first. Most dont hold much fluid anyway. I sure agree to filter the fluid first, if you cant get rid of it. I also like a water filter on any fluid that is critical. I hate breakdowns!

/ Universal Quick Attach #4  
Marrt:
There are posts for quick attach kits to go on other FELs, and a 1445 owner converted his, and should be able to tell you what's involved.
PT1445

Might be a good project for that older model 1845 that will be back on e-bay. Not far from you. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Universal Quick Attach
Take a look at the plate in this link. According to the text, this plate will:

- "Modernize older skid steers to utilize todays work saving equipment" and
- "Just one plate transforms older skid steers into multi-functional machines that adapt to any Quick Attach™ attachment".

However, it looks to me like this plate is for the attachments...not the skid steer itself. What am i missing?

/ Universal Quick Attach #6  
Marrt:
I don't have any experience with skid steers. I can't tell from the website if that's an adapter or an implement plate. You may want to ping on Mark1445 to needle him about not yet posting the photos. If he doesn't chime in, you might send a PM to Gatorboy (Dave Hoffman). He bought a Bobcat not too long ago. Also, as I recall, Mark Chalkley has the universal quick attach on his Earth Force, so he also be able to describe the configuration, hydraulic hookups, etc.

/ Universal Quick Attach #7  
Mart - I think Richard has a converter plate - maybe he will post a photo

/ Universal Quick Attach #8  
<font color="red"> However, it looks to me like this plate is for the attachments... </font>

You are correct--this plate is for the attachment.

The link below is for the the tractor:

Try this link

/ Universal Quick Attach
I believe I have finally found an adaptor that will work. Take a look at “Cat. I or II 3-Point Hitch to Universal Skid-Steer Mount“ in this link (scroll down to bottom of page). I think this adaptor can be modified to covert a PT to use skid steer attachments.

/ Universal Quick Attach #10  
<font color="red"> believe I have finally found an adaptor that will work. Take a look at “Cat. I or II 3-Point Hitch to Universal Skid-Steer Mount“ </font>

It appears to me that the locking wedges and the fabricated plate could be used, and then weld a PT plate on the back instead of the 3 pt hitch connections that are pictured.

But that would definitely be a custom job and might be quite heavy--particularly in light of the fact you still have to add the weight of the skid steer attachment.