3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy

/ 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy #1  

Spamhater007

Tractor
not yet
Ok, I've been driving my wife crazy for the last month, since she's says it's time to buy a tractor! Looked at dozens of tractors and narrowed down to the JD 3520, Kubota 3540 or 3901. The JD got shelved quickly once I got the first quote....unless I go with a smaller/less HP unit. I want a 35+ HP, since I'd rather have it and not need, than need it and not have. I would like to the get cab model, but unfortunately would not fit around the trees, barn and drylots where I need the tractor most.

I'll be using for a small 10 acre with horses primary clearing the drylots, grading the potholes from gravel driveway, some post hole digging/replacing, and in the winter moving snow. Been renting a skid steer for the summer chores, which meant most tasks would get hammered out in one weekend or skipped. I'm sure once the tractor is here, I'll find dozens of more projects that were just ignored.

My major question is: the front-mount snow blower, is it worth the cost (almost 2x that of 3point rear mounted)?
  • Does it perform well on gravel driveways (I have about 300 yards of driveway to clear)?
  • Is it painful switch between the loader and blower - remember I'm in MN and temps can be around -5 when the chores must be done.
  • I realize that driving forward is much easier to do, then twisting backwards.
  • I can use the 3point rear blade to scrap if needed.
  • Sometimes snow gets deep in the drylots and needs to be cleared-can it maneuver in tight spaces?

Thanks, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

/ 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy #2  
Any of those will do the job, that's for sure. Pick the one that is the most comfortable for you. Sounds like you will spend some time on it, you should be comfortable.

Can't really help out about the snow blower questions other than it seems like it would be much more comfortable looking forward. There have been people on here that have to deal with a lot of snow, and they have said that they would not be without their loader, so that nixes the front blower. I'm sure that a lot depends on exactly what your conditions normally are.

The only advice that I will give you is to get as many rear remotes as you can. There are all kinds of things that can be controlled hydraulically and you can use those rear remotes to be able to do just that.

Good luck with your decision. ;)

/ 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy
What are rear remotes? What would you use them for?

/ 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy #4  
A good thing about a rear blower is you have the front loader if needed to assist in your snow removal and it provides good ballast

/ 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy #5  
We have a 3616 shuttle and are happy with it. The loader comes off in about 5 min after I did it a few times. I plow snow, with a rear blade this year, front blade next year(frame mounted). The rear blade is a pain in the back on the gravel drive. I have not blown snow as we do not usually get large, lasting amounts here in Langley. There are a couple of u tubes of someone changing from loader to blower with a smaller Mahindra (28 hp?) that show the method and time it takes. The 3616 appears to use the same mounting system for the blower.

Rear remotes are for extra valves for hydraulic cylinders like top-n-tilt to level and change the cutting angle of aback blade or to operate a grapple on a loader bucket. I have 2 and wish that I had 4. The more I use the tractor the more things I want to build that could be controlled by hydraulics. Money is the limiting factor right now for us.
Cam

/ 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy #6  
What are rear remotes? What would you use them for?

You mentioned a rear blade. First thing that I think of is adjusting the angle of the blade with a hydraulic. When grading or plowing, you find that it can be very advantageous to be able to change the angle of the blade on the move. The other thing as mentioned is top and tilt cylinders on the 3pt hitch. A HUGE benefit to any type of grading.

The red Mahindra 3215 shows top & tilt cylinders (T&T) and my larger tractor has the rear hydraulically actuated rear blade. I hope to get a smaller model of the rear blade for my 3215 at some point in time. :drool:

camshawn

Re: 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy
We have a 3616 shuttle and are happy with it. The loader comes off in about 5 min after I did it a few times. I plow snow, with a rear blade this year, front blade next year(frame mounted). The rear blade is a pain in the back on the gravel drive. I have not blown snow as we do not usually get large, lasting amounts here in Langley. There are a couple of u tubes of someone changing from loader to blower with a smaller Mahindra (28 hp?) that show the method and time it takes. The 3616 appears to use the same mounting system for the blower.

Rear remotes are for extra valves for hydraulic cylinders like top-n-tilt to level and change the cutting angle of aback blade or to operate a grapple on a loader bucket. I have 2 and wish that I had 4. The more I use the tractor the more things I want to build that could be controlled by hydraulics. Money is the limiting factor right now for us.
Cam

Cam, does Mahindra now offer 2 rear remotes on the 3616s, or are yours an aftermarket system? :confused3:

Attachments

• P1020048.JPG
    P1020048.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    886.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 126
   / 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy #7  
Brian
My rear remotes are aftermarket. The valves were squeezed in above the right lift arm with the quick connects above that and control levers mounted on the right fender above the loader controller.
Cam

/ 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy #8  
Brian
My rear remotes are aftermarket. The valves were squeezed in above the right lift arm with the quick connects above that and control levers mounted on the right fender above the loader controller.
Cam

Pictures please, when you have a chance.

Thanks.;)

/ 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy #9  
DSC_4741.jpgDSC_4740.jpgDSC_4742.jpgDSC_4743.jpg
Brian:
Here are some photos hot off the press. Had to change to a computer from my Ipad as posting photos from the Ipad eludes me.
If there is a detail you would like to see, PM me and I will endeavour to get it for you.
Cam

/ 3616 HST FEL FROPS getting ready to buy #10  
View attachment 366318View attachment 366317View attachment 366319View attachment 366320
Brian:
Here are some photos hot off the press. Had to change to a computer from my Ipad as posting photos from the Ipad eludes me.
If there is a detail you would like to see, PM me and I will endeavour to get it for you.
Cam

Cam, thanks for the pictures, :thumbsup:looks like it works out well for you. I don't usually even think about using cable controls, but it sure does increase the possibilities. It's always nice to see how other people have there stuff set up.

Thanks again. ;)