In market...Maybe

/ In market...Maybe #1  

camson

Tractor
none
Well we are ready to move to U.P. in Michigan.First thought was a PU with plow.Have a 2011 ford f-150 4x4 with 5.0 liter.Only plow available to me is the snow-way 26 series because of the epas.Well the locals are telling me that a blower is what they recommend,mainly because they get so much snow,you run out of room to push it.My lot is narrow and the drive is about 300' gravel.
So thinking about a garden tractor with a blower.I can't afford all the nice big tractors i see here....Is there anything i can look at with max cash being around 4k that's going to be decent.Drive is straight with just a very slight slope?I really prefer newer and most likely the only thing it would be used for is blowing as the yard is to small for a rider.
I looked at a Husqvarna and craftsman,that had locking differentials,i would think that is a plus?
And hello,my first post :)

/ In market...Maybe #2  
Well we are ready to move to U.P. in Michigan.First thought was a PU with plow.Have a 2011 ford f-150 4x4 with 5.0 liter.Only plow available to me is the snow-way 26 series because of the epas.Well the locals are telling me that a blower is what they recommend,mainly because they get so much snow,you run out of room to push it.My lot is narrow and the drive is about 300' gravel.
So thinking about a garden tractor with a blower.I can't afford all the nice big tractors i see here....Is there anything i can look at with max cash being around 4k that's going to be decent.Drive is straight with just a very slight slope?I really prefer newer and most likely the only thing it would be used for is blowing as the yard is to small for a rider.
I looked at a Husqvarna and craftsman,that had locking differentials,i would think that is a plus?
And hello,my first post :)
Welcome to the forum.:welcome:
The old 312 in my avatar pic has a 48" snowblower attachment that works just fine. A new JD rider with the same would serve for years and there is no such thing as a lawn too small for a rider.

/ In market...Maybe #3  
Interesting problem... I once had a Wheelhorse garden tractor with the front blower, and I was not impressed with how it would throw snow. Maybe I would look at the most powerful walk behind blower I could find. Like a 30" wide with tracks. Heavy snow that's deep requires HP.

/ In market...Maybe
Looked at newer Deeres and best prices i could find on smaller ones were 6k and up.I know you pay for quality but yikes! As for walk behind,i have looked at the Ariens 926040 and for a track drive,i looked at a Honda HS1332TAS,Real nice but not sure how much work it would be walking up and down the drive,well i guess i have a whole summer to try and find something,U.P. summer lasting a whole 6 weeks Lol

Last edited:
   / In market...Maybe #5  
Welcome!

Walk behinds don't move very fast, you shouldn't have a problem keeping up but you will be out there for a while. A 32" blower will need two round trips @ 600' each.

Tracks are nice for gravel because they set the height of the blower, not just skid shoes. It makes it easier to avoid blowing gravel.

/ In market...Maybe #6  
Consider one of the big walk-behind blowers. Ariens makes one that is 36". and there are larger blowers I believe.
Add a cab to it and you'll make short work of your driveway.

/ In market...Maybe #8  
If your looking for a garden tractor, an older gravely might be something you want to look into, and you can get the blower attachments.

/ In market...Maybe #9  
Looked at newer Deeres and best prices i could find on smaller ones were 6k and up.I know you pay for quality but yikes! As for walk behind,i have looked at the Ariens 926040 and for a track drive,i looked at a Honda HS1332TAS,Real nice but not sure how much work it would be walking up and down the drive,well i guess i have a whole summer to try and find something,U.P. summer lasting a whole 6 weeks Lol
You have been misled. Summer in the UP is on July 17 th from noon to three P.M. make your plans accordingly.