Deere pulling Santa's Sleigh

/ Deere pulling Santa's Sleigh #1  

Tractors4u

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger
Deere pulling Santa\'s Sleigh

I just got home from our towns local Christmas parade. The local Deere dealer had 2 Gator's, 1 big tractor, and 5 lawn tractors in the parade. The LT's were connected together somehow, I guess a frame of some sorts and they were pulling a Santa sleigh. Actually the lead mower was the only one running. The amazing thing about it was that there was no one driving the mower. The had cables and such running back to the sleigh. They had what looked like a set of reins that held the seat down so the operator presence switch would not shut the engine down. Well about 200 yards into the parade the reins lost tension and the engine shut off. They were scrambling to get the lines taunt and the engine started. They did and I got a couple of pictures. Our parade is at night so the picture is not real good. I had to turn the flash off and use available light and then the image was blurry, but you'll get the idea.

Attachments

• 345898-Deere sleigh.jpg
    345898-Deere sleigh.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 773
   / Deere pulling Santa's Sleigh #2  
Re: Deere pulling Santa\'s Sleigh

Your picture reminded me of a memory from the 1970's.
One of my earliest memories was my dad taking me past the old Terex plant to see their annual Christmas display.

I did a google search and found a couple of pictures of the display that Terex put in their front lot each year...

Attachments

• 345920-Christmas_Display.jpg
    345920-Christmas_Display.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 667
   / Deere pulling Santa's Sleigh #3  

And another...

As a small child, there couldn't possibly be a better combination to go see than large earth moving equipment and Santa Claus!

Attachments

• 345922-photo6.jpg
    345922-photo6.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 579
   / Deere pulling Santa's Sleigh #4  

Terex, I remember Terex as I grew up in Stow, Ohio. They did have some grand displays. We used to drag race near the plant. When we got chased off by the police we then started using the old airport on Route 59.

/ Deere pulling Santa's Sleigh #5  

The company I work for used to lease some warehouse space in the old Terex plant (there's well over a million square feet there!) after Terex moved out of there.

It's facinating to think of some of the huge equipment that used to be made inside that place!

/ Deere pulling Santa's Sleigh #6  

Andy those pictures just struck a cord in my heart lol I think ive run that old TS24 scraper in the picture lol that would be the right year for the old monster ive been running this week lol. Caterpillar used to send a rubber track Challenger here every Christmas parade. ANd Barton equipment had a Hydra Ax covered in lights it would send through the parade as well.

/ Deere pulling Santa's Sleigh #7  

Thank you Andy.

I went to school in Hudson in the 70s. The Terex Christmas display is my favorite Christmas display. Over the years I have describbed it to various people. Now I have a photo to back up my story.