tach meter

/ tach meter #1  

slammer3364

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Had my Jinma 28 to the mechanic,say (he called it a tach sensor).Screws into engine block, must read the fly wheel. Is this the correct name of part?

/ tach meter #2  
Technically it's a reluctor but the slang terms are "mag pickup" or "tooth counter".

/ tach meter
Thanks Bob appreciate it going to see if I can order part Mon.

/ tach meter #5  
I kinda hopping on this thread with a little different question on a JM 354. My tach consistently reads at High Rpm 1600. I'm not sure whether the fuel pump is just not getting the engine to rev up (2200) or my tachometer has a bad component? Any suggestions? bjr

/ tach meter #6  
   / tach meter #7  
I kinda hopping on this thread with a little different question on a JM 354. My tach consistently reads at High Rpm 1600. I'm not sure whether the fuel pump is just not getting the engine to rev up (2200) or my tachometer has a bad component? Any suggestions? bjr

You can verify the tachometer's accuracy with a photo-tach, if you have one. Got mine at Harbor Freight.

/ tach meter #8  
I just bought a 2004 JM284LE, and my tachometer is not functioning. Is it safe to assume that this is function of a sensor and not a cable?

Thanks J

/ tach meter #10  
Tommy

Thanks again, I know who I will go to for parts.. This is a bit off topic, and I asked this question in a different thread. I am leaking hydrolic oil out of the vented filler plug, this seems to only be a problem when going up a steep incline. Is this symptomatic of anything other than gravity...?

Thanks ..J