Rear Finish Mower Non-dealer mower belts

/ Non-dealer mower belts #1  

homeinwestIL

Bronze Member
Tractor
1968 gas Ford 3000
I just bought a new belt for my Land Pride rear finishing mower from the dealer -- about $80. I see that there are belts available on the internet ranging from $35 to $55 in price and wonder if anybody has experience with the "internet belts" and if they hold up as well as the dealer belts. Any particular internet sellers that you've had good experience with?

/ Non-dealer mower belts #2  
Check your yellow pages for power transmission. Our local belt supplier is listed under this title. With the new belt in hand he can give you a number to remember. Tell him the use and he will have different grades of belts to use. That is why the internet has so many prices.

/ Non-dealer mower belts #3  
You get what you pay for....for the most part. There are junk belts and there are good belts. The dealer likely has good belts but you are paying a markup, since they aren't in the business of making and selling lots of belts. If you know what to look for online, you can save some money. Gates and Goodyear brand are two good ones that come to mind. And belts with kevlar cords last longer too.

/ Non-dealer mower belts #4  
I have been able to find a suitable Gates belt for all my applications. I'm not to sure they are any amount cheaper but in my case the NAPA store that sells them is sure a lot closer.