Transmission Fluid, how much is to much?????

/ Transmission Fluid, how much is to much????? #1  

Jer

Tractor
Two tractors..both Mitsubishi. MT160D 4WD with a Brush Cutter. The other is a MT1601 4WD with a loader
I just finished doing full maintenance on my MT160D. After changing my Transmission/Hydraulic fluid and installing a new filter, I put the recommended 12-2/3 quarts of fluid in and expected the fluid to overflow through the Oil Level Plug hole, per the Manuel. Nothing came out so I added another quart. Still no overflow. I added another 2 quarts, still nothing came out the overflow. That’s a total of 16 quarts of fluid in the system. I ran a wire in through the oil level hole thinking it may be clogged but there were no obstructions. Should I drain out some of the fluid or just leave the 3 quarts over the recommended quantity??? I’m worried that the extra oil may damage the system. Does anyone have any savvy on this topic???? My 3 point and transmission are working ok but I’m concerned about the extra fluid, and why it didn’t come out the overflow hole.

/ Transmission Fluid, how much is to much????? #2  
I would just add fluid til it comes out the overflow hole and not worry about how much the documentation calls for. The documentation could be wrong, but the overflow hole can't be wrong, (assuming that is the overflow hole).

/ Transmission Fluid, how much is to much????? #3  
You might want to re-check your manual. It is not unusual, especially if you have a hydro transmission for the system to take 12-15 GALLONS of fluid. How much did you drain out? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Transmission Fluid, how much is to much????? #4  
Am I seeing things or was this same thread posted at owning/operating? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Transmission Fluid, how much is to much?????
Re: Trans Fluid..How much is...Thanks & follow up.

Sorry for the duplication....I wanted to cover all the bases and catch all experts....My tractor does not have a loader, Im just running a bush hog, but thats off the 3 point so there's no extra fluid being used there. I drained out about 15 quarts so I guess maybe it does take more than the book says. THe manuel is pretty clear on where the over flow hole is and shows a picture. Guess I'll just run the sucker with the 15 in it. Thanks for all your replies guys, I appreciate the help.
Jer