Larger Land Pride shredders

/ Larger Land Pride shredders #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
I am in the market for a 10'+ shredder.

I have found a dealer with close out specials on Landpride RC2510, RC2512 and RC3615. I am not familiar with landpride but know they make a lot of stuff for Kubota.

Are these good units or should I spend the extra coin for a Bush Hog?

I don't anticipate mowing any heavy brush just weeds, grass and crop stubble. I hope this will be the last shredder I ever buy. I plan to keep it a long time.

/ Larger Land Pride shredders #2  
I have four Land Pride implements - no rotary cutters though. I've found Land Pride to be superior implements, do what they are supposed to, hasn't required repair - they aren't cheap implements. If you find new ones at reduced price - I'd jump on it.

Is this close out special just on the three mentioned units or is the dealer no longer handling Land Pride products, period. I consider dealer service and parts availability very important when purchasing a new product.

/ Larger Land Pride shredders #3  
bdog,

I just did a product search on the Land Pride web site. The RCR 2510 is a rotary cutter they still manufacture. The RCR 2512 & RCR 3615 are no longer listed on the Land Pride web site. They must be discontinued models. I don't see this as a problem except ask the selling dealer if he can still obtain parts for the two bigger units. It would be advisable to give Land Pride a call and ensure you will be able to obtain parts for these units in the future.

/ Larger Land Pride shredders #4  
We use LP and Woods cutters and are satisfied with them, I have never owned a Bush Hog brand but looked at them and while very good didn't see them as better than LP or Woods.