2520 blew the 1.5 amp fuse under the dash

/ 2520 blew the 1.5 amp fuse under the dash #1  

dodgzman

Tractor
john deere 2520
I just want to see if any owners of john deere 2520 have ever heard of this problem.

I went to start tractor and turned key to glow and when I went to start I heard and small pop on the right side and the dash lights went out and no power what so ever. I have no headlights or flasher lights. Battery is full charge and no fuse in the box are blown,

I pulled the dash off and there is a fuse wired with a plastic plug that is marked 1.5 and it checks bad, my question is what does this protect?

I cant find anything on line and I dont have service manual I plan on going to JD to see if they know.

/ 2520 blew the 1.5 amp fuse under the dash #2  
I think you actually found a diode. There are 4 or 5 , depending on serial number, 1.5 amp diodes in the harness. If checking with an ohmmeter, they should show continuity in one direction but not the other.

/ 2520 blew the 1.5 amp fuse under the dash
Thank you jd110,that makes more sense and it does still check bad, I still wonder what could have caused it to fail just time I guess.

/ 2520 blew the 1.5 amp fuse under the dash
Problem ending up being a dead cell on battery that only showed under a load even though battery was fully charged it would drop to 3 volts when turned the key to start. The diode checked fine after I tested it again and most likely had nothing to do with issue but I still can't figure what the noise was when all this started.