What's the point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What's the point... #1  

Arc weld

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 135
I just learned that one of the most knowledgeable contributors on this forum has had enough and pulled the plug. I understand why he left and can't blame him for leaving. Haven't decided yet if I'll stick around. Seems there's a few people on here that don't think years of experience count for anything. Sad day at TBN. :smiley_aafz:

/ What's the point... #2  
I just learned that one of the most knowledgeable contributors on this forum has had enough and pulled the plug. I understand why he left and can't blame him for leaving. Haven't decided yet if I'll stick around. Seems there's a few people on here that don't think years of experience count for anything. Sad day at TBN. :smiley_aafz:

It's always sad to be left behind.

Still, Progress is going boldly where no man has gone before. Even more, the wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Leaving a "forum" because the present group lacks respect for your experience is just foolish pride. If the participation was not pleasuable, that's a good reason.

Cheers

/ What's the point... #3  
Yes, that is a shame.
Well, he may change his mind. He may miss the rest of us...

Last edited:
   / What's the point...
It's not pleasurable when you try to share years of experience and it's discounted because you did it for a living. Some people seem to think that doing it as fast and as cheap as possible is better than taking your time and doing it right. I guess that's what separates the people who take pride in their work.

/ What's the point... #5  
Oh no!! Say it ain't so!! I am really bummed. :no::no: I really learned a lot from him here on TBN.

/ What's the point... #6  
It's not pleasurable when you try to share years of experience and it's discounted because you did it for a living. Some people seem to think that doing it as fast and as cheap as possible is better than taking your time and doing it right. I guess that's what separates the people who take pride in their work.

NO! NO! Sharing is it's own Reward! Though the other party may express a rejection, Most often, time will show them the value of experience!

"To become old and wise, one must first be young and stupid"

or

"Experience is gained from the mistakes of inexperience"

either way, every passing generation has had the same feelings, and every coming generation does the same.

That is life!

Now, when my kids are around doing stuff, I say nothing, but do as I know best! Seems to work! The kids are fine people!

/ What's the point... #7  

It that really what you think happened?

It seemed to me that he got in a huge pissing match over 110v welders and recommending that some 70 year old woman needed a 230v welder and then started insulting peoples welds and calling them hacks after looking at pics they posted of projects they had done with thier 110v welder. Basically going to great extents to be an all around jerk about it and when he got called out he threw atantrum like a child including cussing and took his ball and went home never to return.

I have no doubt the guy is really talented and has helped many people but his bully mentality and insults turned negative and extremely immature toward the end. It's unfortunate that he could not simply get over the 110v welder pissing match but he escalated it to a point where he felt the need to leave instead of simply letting it go and moving on.

/ What's the point... #8  

It seemed to me that he got in a huge pissing match over 110v welders and recommending that some 70 year old woman needed a 230v welder and then started insulting peoples welds and calling them hacks after looking at pics they posted of projects they had done with thier 110v welder. Basically going to great extents to be an all around jerk about it and when he got called out he threw atantrum like a child including cussing and took his ball and went home never to return.

I have no doubt the guy is really talented and has helped many people but his bully mentality and insults turned negative and extremely immature toward the end. It's unfortunate that he could not simply get over the 110v welder pissing match but he escalated it to a point where he felt the need to leave instead of simply letting it go and moving on.

Letting go?.....

Why does it so often need to be the very last thing we do?

( I recently had a difficult exchange with my sister, in argument with my brother over this very thing! Difficult to be sure)

/ What's the point...

It's not about the 110 volt MIG's. He offered to do some testing with them. He was tired of giving sound advice that was discarded because he was a pro. It's frustrating for sure.

/ What's the point... #10  
I assume we are talking about Shield Arc? Or are we not suppose to mention who? Sad to see him go... he provided a lot a knowledge and was very helpful. I am thankful he spent some time with me personally as well. And it also seemed he very much enjoyed opining here... he was very blunt, which rubbed some people wrong, and he (and others) let things get personal... his own fault. His welding skills are very impressive. But people skills are valuable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.