Belts config diagram or pics !55 Rider

/ Belts config diagram or pics !55 Rider #1  

Hardcase

Tractor
Husqvarna 155 rider
Had the vbelt break to the deck. Need a good diagram or picture to show the right configuration of how to put on the new one. Have not been able to find one in the on-line manual. Oh also anyone know of any videos of repairs to the 155?

/ Belts config diagram or pics !55 Rider #2  
Had the vbelt break to the deck. Need a good diagram or picture to show the right configuration of how to put on the new one. Have not been able to find one in the on-line manual. Oh also anyone know of any videos of repairs to the 155?

I sent you a PM.

/ Belts config diagram or pics !55 Rider #3  
Are you fixed up on the diagrams? The belt routing certainly can be confusing without a picture.

My head-scratcher is WHY the belt broke to start with. I changed out my belts about 4 or 5 years ago just as a precautionary maintenance factor. But at that point they had over 7 years of hard use on them, and they 'looked' fine. The tension on mine is spring controlled, so it's not a matter of incorrect installation. Defective belt?

/ Belts config diagram or pics !55 Rider
I figured it out. Thanks

/ Belts config diagram or pics !55 Rider #5  
Gem99ultra, Did you replace it with an OEM or same quality of belt? Just because it is the same size doesn't mean it can handle the same service.

/ Belts config diagram or pics !55 Rider #6  
Gem99ultra, Did you replace it with an OEM or same quality of belt? Just because it is the same size doesn't mean it can handle the same service.

Yes, or at least I think I did. I bought the replacement belts from the local Husqvarna dealer, NT. I seem to remember that I thought they were way overpriced!

Good point to consider though. Not too long ago I replaced the belts on SO's 2002 Pathfinder. The PS belt screeched even after 4 attempts to adjust it - even using a belt tensioner scale. One Old Codger mechanic finally told me that only belts from the Nissan dealer would fix the problem. I did that, and it did fix the problem. Sounds totally crazy, but that's the truth.

I had ran into that same kind of thing years before when replacing a radiator hose on daughter's Cavalier. Auto parts house hose just would not go on; dealer hose slipped right on with no trouble at all. My memory of that is very clear about that incident - because I had spent 6 hours in the freezing cold laying underneath her car that blew the hose on the side of the road, trying to make the aftermarket hose go on.

Sometimes the differences in replacement parts (and tools) is not apparent.