Backhoe Kubota L48 with no Hoe

/ Kubota L48 with no Hoe #1  

oil leak

Tractor
kubota l48
Does anyone now if the Kubota L48 sold with no hoe will simply plug and go with the hoe off a TLB package model.? Looking at buying a L48 that never came with the backhoe attachment. Wanted to make sure it was plumbed for the hydraulic hookups for a hoe. I know the mounting was the same on both the complete TLB package and the plain tractor.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L48 with no Hoe #2  
If you are asking if a BH from another L48 will mount on yours, the answer is affirmative.

/ Kubota L48 with no Hoe #3  
Does anyone now if the Kubota L48 sold with no hoe will simply plug and go with the hoe off a TLB package model.?

From another L48 I would guess yes. From another model besides the L48, I would doubt it.

/ Kubota L48 with no Hoe #4  
Isn't it the backhoe frame mount that determines what backhoe models will fit?

/ Kubota L48 with no Hoe #5  
It will be a plug and go. The trick is going to be finding a L48 hoe. If you are considering buying a new hoe you better check and see if Kubota sell a complete one. I would also look at the price and compare that to what buying a L48 with the hoe would be.

MarkV

/ Kubota L48 with no Hoe
Thanks Mark. I have a complete L48 but the tractor portion has expensive issues. Will take the hoe as a donor part to the "newer" tractor

/ Kubota L48 with no Hoe #7  
Thanks Mark. I have a complete L48 but the tractor portion has expensive issues. Will take the hoe as a donor part to the "newer" tractor

My question is can you buy a new L48 without the hoe? Yes, it should swap out providing that they haven't made some small changes since your model was built. They have been building these TLB for lots of years and I would be surprised a bit if the very first model hasn't had some changes to it. If your model is fairly new, it should be OK. Your dealer should know for sure.
He should also know if he can get a TLB without the B.