Toolcat Float operation

/ Toolcat Float operation #1  

Snow Hero

Tractor
2007 Toolcat C
Hi All, first post and very excited to read all of the posts and knowledge being shared! :thumbsup: I can't seem to get the float feature to work on a 2007 5600C. I push the joystick forward until it sets into place, I have tried pushing the trigger button after setting the joystick, nothing.. I even loaded the bucket with dirt and tried to float, it just stays in position.

What is the correct procedure? Is there a solonoid or valve I can inspect? The dealer tore this unit down and flushed all lines after the drive motors went out on it.

Thanks!

/ Toolcat Float operation #2  
:welcome: to TractorByNet! :thumbsup:

If the joystick stays forward it is in float. On my 5610F, I hear a solenoid pull in and the boom will drop.

I bought a service manual from the Bobcat Store for mine when it was new.

For the C series, you could find manuals online. Even the Operator Manual will show the fuse locations.

Maybe someone that has had the problem will post the fix.

/ Toolcat Float operation #3  
I have a D series, not a C series but pushing the joystick all the way forward until it locks, allows the boom to float. Curling the bucket works normally (side-to-side) in the float position.

DEWFPO

/ Toolcat Float operation
As it turns out, the closest Bobcat dealer is fortunate enough to have a Really good service manager. After pulling the spool valve for the lift boom apart a few times, attention got turned to this block piped in between the spool valve bank and the lift cylinder. It was put there by the drilling company that originally ordered the toolcat. The block prevented the boom from leaking down, and floating.
image.jpg
Thank you for your input, I am posting pics of my new backdrag blade next..

/ Toolcat Float operation #5  
Welcome aboard, glad that was an easy fix