So what would happen if PT Folded

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I was just sitting here today, trying to get into doing a budget, and was in thought about this issue as it has come up as a concern.

In looking at my particular PT, outside of the Tub, Rops, Wheel Rims, and all of the hydraulic cylinders (are they custom?), brake tender and maybe some of the hydraulic control blocks - the aluminum things with hoses running in and out and sometimes acutators attached (are they custom?) everything looks shelf bought.

So in my eyes, my 1850 could probably easily last my lifetime easily. If nothing else I have enough oil coated all over it it will never rust ;-)

I think the bummer will be loosing Terry one of these days.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded
Oh, and the bolts and washers connecting the two tubs. That looks custom...

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #3  
I don't think they're going anywhere, and if they do, we can certainly slap other parts on them as needed. Just don't ding the fancy sheet metal! :D

On the plus side, we'd all have highly sought after "niche machines". hahahahahaa:thumbsup:

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #4  
I don't think they're going anywhere, and if they do, we can certainly slap other parts on them as needed. Just don't ding the fancy sheet metal! :D

On the plus side, we'd all have highly sought after "niche machines". hahahahahaa:thumbsup:

When I was there a few years back and looked at the new showroom, it was pointed out that
they paid cash for it. A good sign of financial stability in my book. If they went under I think

Some employee would still sell parts

/ So what would happen if PT Folded
I wan to make sure that I in no way think PT is in trouble either. It was more a "What If" question. Wondering what I could not get for my machine if they went under.

Doesn't seem like much, if anything.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #6  
I wan to make sure that I in no way think PT is in trouble either. It was more a "What If" question. Wondering what I could not get for my machine if they went under.

Doesn't seem like much, if anything.

It is probably the most "opened source" machine you will ever see. Off the shelf wheel motors, steel plate, some of the pumps. Hoses can be made at any hydraulic shop. Motors can be rebuilt at same. I think they make the tram pump.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #7  
It is probably the most "opened source" machine you will ever see. Off the shelf wheel motors, steel plate, some of the pumps. Hoses can be made at any hydraulic shop. Motors can be rebuilt at same. I think they make the tram pump.

I think they buy the tram pump and resell it.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #8  

"niche machines" I bet that's some fancy french there.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #10  
I don't think they're going anywhere, and if they do, we can certainly slap other parts on them as needed. Just don't ding the fancy sheet metal! :D On the plus side, we'd all have highly sought after "niche machines". hahahahahaa:thumbsup:

You guys are trying to talk me out of getting a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet