ford 900 won't run

/ ford 900 won't run #1  

jrileyso6

Tractor
1956 ford 900
I need help I've got 1956 900 ford tractor. I'm having trouble with it not cranking and running. I've had the plugs points rotor rotor cap coil plug wires carburetor battery replaced. The tractor still wouldn't start tried pulling it still no luck. We were getting fire to plugs and plenty gas to carb. Then We moved the plugs wires over one position on rotor cap after did this it fired right up. Ok we adjusted carb let run few minutes killed it cranked it up 4-5 times cranked ever time. Went back 2 days later cranked up ran a few minutes died wouldn't start. 2 days afterwards tried starting tractor it cranked then went dead wouldn't start. I'm getting fire at plugs. Fuel to carb. What could be problem? Thanks

/ ford 900 won't run #2  
Still sounds like fuel starvation. Since you're getting fuel to the carb., I'd suspect the elbow strainer, where the fuel line attaches to the carb. #17 in this exploded view of you carb. Official New Holland Online Parts Store and Online Parts Catalog for New Holland and Ford Tractors.

If it's partially plugged, it will let fuel trickle in to fill the bowl, if it hasn't been run for a bit. It will let it run for a short time, but not fill fast enough keep it running.

A can of spray carb cleaner works well to spray through the mesh screen, to wash sediment back out through the inlet. Some low pressure compressed air to finish the job. Just be sure and wear some eye protection.

/ ford 900 won't run #3  
cranking and dieing? if it has power to crank, then there is enough juice in the battery for points, so yeah I'd agree, it sounds like fuel problems.

since it cranks and runs a short time you know you have spark, compression, ok timing and air... that just leaves fuel

/ ford 900 won't run
I finally got around to working on the ford 900 again it was the fuel system . the fuel tank and fuel line was removed and cleaned. I coated the tank with red coat. the tractor cranked right up and ran good after the repairs.

/ ford 900 won't run #5  
Cool, sounded like fuel.