New Member with a Mahindra Problem

/ New Member with a Mahindra Problem #1  

leewhorton

Tractor
Mahindra 4025
I am a new member and I hope someone can assist with my problem:

I have a Mahindra 4025 4WD Tractor and The battery is not charging. I measure 15 Volts coming out of the Alternator but
only 11.45Volts on the battery and the starter solenoid. I can't seem to get an electrical diagram from the closest dealer
(my dealer no longer handles Mahindra tactors. I also cannot locate a service manual. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Lee Horton

/ New Member with a Mahindra Problem #2  

I have a Mahindra 4025 4WD Tractor and The battery is not charging. I measure 15 Volts coming out of the Alternator but
only 11.45Volts on the battery and the starter solenoid. I can't seem to get an electrical diagram from the closest dealer
(my dealer no longer handles Mahindra tactors. I also cannot locate a service manual. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Lee Horton

Repost this in the Mahindra forum as you will only get WElcome to TBN here.

/ New Member with a Mahindra Problem #3  
Hi Lee. Welcome to the forum! I have moved your thread to the Mahindra section so it can get more views. Best of luck with your Mahindra 4025! :)

/ New Member with a Mahindra Problem #4  

Lee Horton

Lee,

Assuming you are taking your voltage readings directly at the alternator and again at the battery and starter solenoid, that means you probably have a fuse or breaker inline as many do, to protect the alternator when jumping or charging. I don't have a schematic, but Ill bet if you pop the cover off of your fuse box they should be labeled. Sometimes they put the fuse inline and even seen them buried in the harness before. You should follow (trace) the wire from the alternator and see where it goes and I bet you will find it.

/ New Member with a Mahindra Problem #6  
Welcome to TBN. Join the fun.

Had a similar problem on my 2008 Mahindra 5525. Cleaning the battery terminals, battery cable clamps and the main ground wire to the tractor frame solved the problem.

Good luck

/ New Member with a Mahindra Problem #7  
Welcome to TBN. Join the fun.

Had a similar problem on my 2008 Mahindra 5525. Cleaning the battery terminals, battery cable clamps and the main ground wire to the tractor frame solved the problem.

Good luck

All great points to check!...Could even have a dead cell in that battery?

/ New Member with a Mahindra Problem #8  
Some of the battery cables that shipped with some units weren't the greatest. Some of the cables corrode really bad, not only at the ends, but up throughout the cable itself. I've seen several instances where there was a lack of good charge reaching the battery and users thought they were dealing with bad batteries.