Help!!! Building a quick attach hitch-need measure

/ Help!!! Building a quick attach hitch-need measure #1  

andy3

Hello. Can anyone help me with some measurements? I am putting together my own quick attach hitch.I cannot find the measurements in my area or on the net for the width between the lifting hooks -is it 26" and what about room for clearance.I am making the top link adjustable for 14"- 18". Should this be sufficient?All category one of course.PS I have lots of steel and time but no access to the actual measurements. Many thanks if anyone can help.

/ Help!!! Building a quick attach hitch-need measure #2  
ANDY:

don't worry about asking others for measurements: go out and measure you're 3pt equipment that you want to quick attach! those 3pt mounting pin dim is what you need. then build the quick attach to fit the majority of you're equipment!. I know that you will have several different 3 pt measurements, and get the average and see how many it will fit. or if you have several that are close use the ave of those disregarding the one or two impliments that are out of range for the quickattach linkage.

ok hope that helps...

for my stuff, my 2 biggest items the mower and box blade, are set up so a quci attach wont work properly.... and the tiller of mine is very narrow so no way to even make it work unless I really got crazy on the quick attach unit! (someday I may do it. BUT not soon) my box blade is on 80 % of the time, and the mower on 19%. so making it fit the tiller would be pointless....

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Help!!! Building a quick attach hitch-need measure
Thanks for the advice on the hitch.All of my implements are home made so I was going to standardize their size. Since I would be changing the pin spacing anyway I thought it would make sense to go with the quick hitch standard or ASAE 278.6? I just cannot find any measurements for for either of these. Their are lots of places where the "asae standard" is mentioned but no one ever says what it actually is.

Thanks for the threads Ron.

/ Help!!! Building a quick attach hitch-need measure #6  
Go to Tractor Smart on this link then CLICK TO ENTER, then click on Technical Info sign on top right, then click on Tractor Three Point Lift Types link and scroll to the bottom of that page. It has a drawing and the dimensions for all the Category sizes implements.

yes!!! A drawing with measurements. Thanks for your response.