The Eagle Has Landed

/ The Eagle Has Landed #1  

lablovers

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti, LK3054XS
Well the big day had finally come. Yesterday, while at work, the new LK3054 TLB was delivered. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif When I finally got to talk with my wife later in the day, she said it was here and it was beautiful. Quite a comment from her as this is not something she normally associates with a Tractor. A car maybe, a tractor, no. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Got home with a about 30 minutes of light left and took it out for a trial spin. Immediately dug a nice hole with the backhoe. I can see I should have spent a little more time with the video games. Manual Dexterity must be a guy in Mexico as he does not reside anywhere near me. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif It will come in time as I was actually able to dig and fill the same hole. Not the prettiest job. Practice is a good excuse for playing with it. By the time we build, I should at least be capable.

Bought a 16" bucket and 9" bucket for specialized trenching. Lastly, came the 64" Bush Hog Box Scraper. Right now the only future wish list is for a PHD. No hurry for that right now.

The weather should be in the mid 70's today and will have to wait until evening to play. Getting our house ready to sell and that must come first. I will keep sneaking trips to the garage to drool. Pictures to come as soon as I can get them developed on a CD. Don't want to spring for a digital camera just yet.

Glad to finally be a member of the ownership brotherhood. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Hopefully I am not adding to the "Explaining the Pucker Factor" to your wife thread to soon.

Lablovers

/ The Eagle Has Landed #2  
Enjoy it Richard ,
I been out playing with mine this morning . I am in the process of designing and building a sweet little Grapple for the FEL on my DK45 . I mocked it up out of some 1/4 plywood to get a pattern I liked for the tooth/grapple design. The way I designed it , it can be used as a grapple or a tooth bar ! . I wanted the option of being able to back drag with the smooth cutting edge without the tooth bar in the way and this works nicely . I'm headed back to the welding shop to have them Plasma cut the big pieces of steel . No Pictures yet ,but when I get finished you should stop by and check it out . We are about 15 miles away from each other . Have fun !
Big Al

/ The Eagle Has Landed
Bigal,
Thanks for the invite. I would love to see your Grapple when finished. Did your buddy get a tractor yet?

My son and I got to play with the 3054 today. I am quite impressed. Plenty of power and I find the the drivers area is not tight at all. Once I get into the drivers seat everything is right where it should be. Very confortable and I do not feel cramped at all. Dug a nice big hole and barried some concrete I did not want to haul it to the dump. Then we did some finish work with the BH. It worked better then I hoped. Within a short amount of time my son and I cleaned up a side hill that has been bothering me for a long time. Even my wife was impressed. I think she is acutually starting to believe this thing might help me get some work done. I see her wheels turning on projects for the new house. As long as I get to use the tractor, that is fine.

Lablovers

/ The Eagle Has Landed #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I see her wheels turning on projects for the new house. As long as I get to use the tractor, that is fine)</font>Everybody WINS! Yeah! John

/ The Eagle Has Landed #5  
Hi Richard ,
My friend is getting prices on a DK45 Kioti's as we speak . He told me just to build two grapples, so he can have one when he finally decides who he is buying his tractor from . He is a funny guy and just hopping from one foot to the other to buy a bigger tractor .
He has a Yanmar 755 that he has not sold yet . It's in excellent shape if you know anyone that is looking for one that size . It has all kinds of attachnents for it . Price is up for dicussion .
Funny thing , When I went over to the welding shop with my little grapple design the shop owner offered me a partnership if he could get involved in the building and selling of them . He told me it was so simple he could not figure out why someone has not came out with one allready . There was a guy in there having some welding done and told me he would buy one if I decided to start selling them . So maybe I just might have to explore this a little more . I sure wasn't looking for a job when I did this ,just a more usable grapple . I have to go back tomorrow and he wants me to go with him to some big steel manufacturing place to see what it would cost to mass produce the main pieces of the grapple . He told me the design is useable on just about any bucket he has ever worked on . I'll keep you posted .
Have fun with that new baby of yours . Have you picked out a name yet ? I just call mine "Simba"
Big Al

/ The Eagle Has Landed #6  
Lablovers .
Congratulations on you new machine ! I'm sure that even as I write this you're out enjoying it! When you get around to sending pics , make sure you have a couple of the Labs in them !! Finest dog ever bred ! I had one in England , a yellow named winston ( He passed away a while ago , but is still missed ). And I now have one , a chocolate named Harley . They're such great companions ! John

/ The Eagle Has Landed #7  
Bigal, I think a lot of us are lining up at your window with cash in hand. When will we get to see the pictures of your grapple? John

/ The Eagle Has Landed
Bigal,
Funny how you kind of fall into things. I hope it is a big hit. Let me know when you finish, would love to see it.

Cerberus,
Took the film in for developing this morning. Having a CD made to post pictures. Definately will have some with the dogs. You are right on Labs being the best. Almost to human sometimes. Today did some more work with the hoe. I cannot imagine not having one now. The little 3054 just keeps on chugging almost laughing about what I ask it do do. Feel like she is saying, "give me a break, when does the real work start."

Oh and I think we have come up with a name, Lucille. You know a red head and all. Well orange is close. Some of the bottle redheads end up orange anyway.

Lablovers

Lablovers

/ The Eagle Has Landed #9  
Hi John,
As soon as the welding shop finishes their part, which I hope he can do by Friday, I will snap a picture to see what you guy's think . I got a ton of brush to try it out on .The Welding shop owner called me today to make sure I'm coming over to discuss this thing some more with him tomorrow . He really thinks this grapple design is worth the risk . He told me he would do all the welding labor for free on mine if I would let him manufacture my design for resale .He also told me he would pay me a commission on everyone he sales !!!
I've have heard the wind blow before , but I have known this guy for 40 years and he is dead serious . I guess mine is going to a test model ????? Heck ,I just wanted a grapple that would work well and the tooth bar idea came on while sitting on the toilet /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif . I guess I got nothing to lose !
Big Al

/ The Eagle Has Landed #10  
I would make sure I had the design drawn out well, and mail it certified mail to yourself and don't open it. It may help to prove when you made the design. Get it patented. It could be the next "best thing since sliced toast." John