so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank?

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank? #1  

jay42782

Tractor
John Deere 210
So I just pulled the tank to diagnose a lack of power incident and found the hose and screen busted off

What is the best way to clean inside of tank?i pressured washed it to release any buildup a regular wash wouldn't get wich was alot!

Also best way to clean up the fuel pump/sending unit/fuel gauge mechanism?

Thanks in advance!!

ForumRunner_20151107_162144.png

ForumRunner_20151107_162159.png

ForumRunner_20151107_162210.png

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank? #2  
With fuel problems becoming more of an issue I am still surprised the components have not been upgraded to material not affected by water/alcohol.

In the old days I would take a tank to a radiator shop and they would boil it out...

Also had luck putting chain, nut, bolts and shaking/rotating to removed the crude... doesn't work so well with baffles...

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank?
With fuel problems becoming more of an issue I am still surprised the components have not been upgraded to material not affected by water/alcohol.

In the old days I would take a tank to a radiator shop and they would boil it out...

Also had luck putting chain, nut, bolts and shaking/rotating to removed the crude... doesn't work so well with baffles...

thanks for your tips and time!!:)

I just now got inside so I'm gonna do some research on cleaning things up

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank? #4  
I replaced the fuel pickup/sender in my 855 last year at some point because the fuel gauge didn't work properly. It had also lost the screen etc at some point and thus no longer would run past 1/4 tank. When I pulled the pickup, I don't think it looked that nasty. Must have been some serious moisture in fuel at some point.

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank?
I replaced the fuel pickup/sender in my 855 last year at some point because the fuel gauge didn't work properly. It had also lost the screen etc at some point and thus no longer would run past 1/4 tank. When I pulled the pickup, I don't think it looked that nasty. Must have been some serious moisture in fuel at some point.

funny my fuel gauge is way off!!

reads full when its 1/4:laughing:

I am putting an order in now for some misc..

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank? #6  
Jay do you have any tips regarding removal of the tank? I keep putting mine off because it looks like a bit of work and I have no issues if I keep the fuel level above halfway.

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank? #7  
Last year I picked up a generator that must have sit outside it's entire life because the steel tank was very rusty inside. I dumped a box of drywall screws into it and shook it with some gas to dislodge the rust. It did an OK job, not great. Ended up putting a couple inline fuel filters prior to the carb to catch any residual garbage.

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank? #8  
I did a lot of fuel tank sealing with aviation sloshing compound... did a great job coating tanks on antique cars and even modern motorcycles.

Then alcohol was mandated to fuel and the compound turned to goo...

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank? #9  
I did a lot of fuel tank sealing with aviation sloshing compound... did a great job coating tanks on antique cars and even modern motorcycles.

Then alcohol was mandated to fuel and the compound turned to goo...

Should still be fine for diesel though, right?

/ so I pulled the tank on my JD 755 and found this/best way to clean inside of tank? #10  
I would think so... unless there is corn in the diesel.

Right now I have a 1930 restored Model A pickup that was sealed and the new gas has left about a quart of sealer in the bottom of the tank... called the supply house and was told it's a problem everywhere alcohol is added to motor fuel...