what did I buy?

/ what did I buy? #1  

8NLUGNUT

Silver Member
Tractor
Several Fords, four Japanese tractors
20160124_095410.jpgI got this and another tractor the other day and would like to get an idea of what it is.

At first I thought it was an early 4000 4 cylinder diesel but on closer inspection the hood says 801 workmaster? Hmm...

It has select o speed transmission.20160124_095456.jpg

/ what did I buy? #2  
Well if you're in the habit of buying stuff and not knowing what it is, I've got a bridge and piece of land I'd like to talk to you about. :laughing:

/ what did I buy?
Yeah if it's a Ford I tend to have little control when it comes to buying them. We just sold 2 fords this week. Did the bridge happen to say ford by chance?:D

/ what did I buy? #4  
Yeah if it's a Ford I tend to have little control when it comes to buying them. We just sold 2 fords this week. Did the bridge happen to say ford by chance?:D

Would it help if both were in Dearborn?
BTW If you haven't been to the Ford Museum in Dearborn you should try to go sometime.

/ what did I buy? #6  
I think the 800 series were followers of the 8N series. My dad had an 861 in the mid to late 50s IIRC, traded in his 8N on it. The 861 had live PTO but not sure about the 801.
Soundguy will surely chime in soon on this, he is the Ford expert.

/ what did I buy?
As you can see, the hood has the 1000 series crome piece and but says 801. And due to the condition reading the stamped numbers are barely legible and appear incomplete.20160124_095916-1_resized.jpg

Could it be a hybid. An early early 4000. Maybe somebody put the wrong decal on?

/ what did I buy?
As you can see, the hood has the 1000 series crome piece and but says 801. And due to the condition reading the stamped numbers are barely legible and appear incomplete.View attachment 463373

Could it be a hybid. An early early 4000. Maybe somebody put the wrong decal on?0

/ what did I buy? #9  
Judging from the SOS you have an 871. Here is a photo of my early 871 gold demo. location of your model and serial numbers are on the flat spot behind the start above the two holes in the bellhousing. Recall tracking #'s are in the same spot but on the opposite side of the tractor. I hope you disengage the traction lever before you moved it.

Kirk

100_4010.jpg

150cbd08-129f-4033-9c60-420da0d16d49_zpsoodo6axk.jpg

/ what did I buy? #10  
Post any numbers you CAN read fromt he bellhousing. As kirk said could be an 871.

Also.. look at the tranny number.. is it the old orc or new ddc SOS .

Also.. what is the block id casting number?