Another Home made implement.

/ Another Home made implement. #1  

Neat 1500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Only a YM14 MkII
I haven't made anything in a while, I guess I didn't really need anything. I needed to dig an area out to level it up for a chicken run but it was full of tree roots and the like and as we well know FEL's don't really dig that well for starters in solid soil let alone get roots out too. I thought to myself I need a scarifier or something like that but not having time to make something elaborate I came up with a good little work around. I removed the ball from my 3 point towbar and made up a bolt on single scarifier that works a treat. I do need to reinforce the tongue on the bar though as it bent when I ripped through sub soil roots, I was surprised it bent fairly easily even though it is 20mm thick! Never mind next I'll come up with a reinforcing plan to stop the bend.

Attachments

• WP_20160417_13_26_46_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160417_13_26_46_Pro.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 525
  • WP_20160417_13_27_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160417_13_27_14_Pro.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 549
   / Another Home made implement. #2  
Looks like you got the job done. Some braces maybe on the sides wouldn't hurt. Regards, Bob

/ Another Home made implement. #5  
I noticed them also. Actually said to myself,If I could weld like that I would make a tooth bar for my rear scoop. :thumbsup:

/ Another Home made implement.
nice looking welds!

Oh they're god awful looking.... I was in a hurry when I threw it together. The towbar I made several years ago and started to run out of argon about 1/2 way through it :ashamed:

/ Another Home made implement. #7  
I noticed spots where some look bad but most of them look great! what are you talking about

/ Another Home made implement.
Maybe one day I'll grind it up and paint it then I won't mind it so much.

/ Another Home made implement. #9  
Great Idea!!!!