Oil & Fuel Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D

/ Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D #1  

bigjohn56

Tractor
Shibaura
Just bought a YM1500D with a Koyker 80 loader. Paid $4,000 for it.

Can I use any 303 hydraulic fluid for the trans/hydraulics? It seem from my search efforts that some say that any 303 works and others disagree. Anyone have any insights on this?

Thanks,

John

/ Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D #2  
Generic utf generally works fine.

/ Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D #3  
Yanmar was selling in the US back when that 1500 was built, and 303 is explicitly specified in their US user manuals. It's all I use.

That said, a more modern 'premium' UTF will be multigrade so it won't need the long warmup specified in the manuals for cold weather use.

Come on over to the Yanmar forum here. Your question is just the sort of thing discussed there. And Welcome!

/ Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D #4  
Yanmar was selling in the US back when that 1500 was built, and 303 is explicitly specified in their US user manuals. It's all I use.

That said, a more modern 'premium' UTF will be multigrade so it won't need the long warmup specified in the manuals for cold weather use.

Come on over to the Yanmar forum here. Your question is just the sort of thing discussed there. And Welcome!

Remember.. there is a big difference in the jd 303 spec, and oils with '303' plastered on their labels.

I don't think we are killing sperm whales anymore.... nor have we been for a looooong time.

/ Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D #5  

Remember.. there is a big difference in the jd 303 spec, and oils with '303' plastered on their labels.

I don't think we are killing sperm whales anymore.... nor have we been for a looooong time.

/ Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D #7  
I'm pretty sure that the 303 spec was developed for / with the whale oil. Though I'm having a hard time pinning down the original spec, so I've nothing to back up the ascertion.

/ Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D
Thanks to all who responded. I'm looking forward to servicing the tractor and going to work.

I have over 200 galvanized posts stuck in the ground with some concrete around each one. They all need to be pulled out, transported to a hole I plan to dig, and given a proper burial.

/ Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D #9  
How deep? Push over or pull out? :)

/ Yanmar (Zen-Noh) YM1500D
Probably around 2 feet. There's not much concrete on most of them so they should come up pretty easy. Would prefer to pull them up so as not to make a bigger mess than necessary.