JD 4300 TLB specs help

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help #1  

Filb

Tractor
Farmtrac 360TLB
I just looked at a used 00' JD 4300 TLB w/ 1210 hrs. and need some spec details on the tractor. The tractor is being sold by a rental company - so I assume that all 1200 of the hours were mostly loader work. The BH was put on the tractor last year I was told. Any specification info would be most appreciated. I am particularly interested in knowing what this tractor cost brand new and what it is worth today. I assume that it similar to the JD 4310. The tractor did not have the 3pt. arms or the steel frame on the back for where the lower 3pt. arms attach. What would those cost?

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help #2  
If I were looking at that, I would go to MachineFinder to find similar machines (probably won't be seeing full tlbs) There are two loaders (420 and 430) as well as two hoes (47 and 48)
The 4300 had three transmission options (gear, reverser, and hydro) and 2wd vs MFWD (4wd) All affect the value.

The 3 point componants won't be cheap, sad they were lost.

I would use the Deere dealer locator and contact area dealers on a similar new machine, as well as any similar produsts they might have. I know my dealer has a 4300 reverser that is still new that they will sell cheap.

A rental unit sees hard use. You'd hate to buy it and then find out that you missed a deal on a new or nearly new unit for little or no more expense. But, it may end up being a real savings, and worth the risk to you...

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help #3  
I had a 4300 until I sold it for a new 990. The specs on 4300 are as follows:

*32 engine horsepower/27 PTO HP
*3 cyl Yanmar diesel motor
*9x3 sync shift trans, 12x12 sync reverser trans, or a 3 range hydro
*2200 3 point hitch lift capacity
*shift on the go MFWD

You could get a brand new 4310 for around $14,000-14,500 depending on your area. A loader would run you about $3,000 for the 430 model and I am unsure about the cost of the backhoe but that must be like 7 grand or so. I would get a new one and use JD credit. It would have seen hard use during that time and I would hate to have to go through a ton of repairs. If you get the used one any JD dealer can finance the used machine if you want and they could probably sell you a warranty too.

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help #4  
Whoops, I thought a JD dealer had this tractor. Now you can't go through JD credit or get an extended warranty from Deere.

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help #5  
I paid $23K for a 4310 eHydro MFWD with 430 Loader and 47 Backhoe... Since it was new, I was able to get low interest financing... I really like this setup.

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help
Thanks for the help ! The price quoted to me for the 00" 4300 TLB is $14000. considering that this would cost about 25000 new, and it only has 1208 hours on it, isn't this a decent deal? I am concerned with how I might finance it. It needs new R-4 tires onthe front, the three point assembly for the rear, there is a 5"x6" cracked out section of the plastic left of the dash, I tested it and the hydraulics worked excellent. It started right up. Any help here? i was considering offering $12000. I can't afford this machine new - are used rentals bad purchases? Leased cars are bought all the time right??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help #7  
You would have to go through your local bank to finance the machine. I had buyers for my tractor who wanted me to finance them through the dealership but I could not since I sold it private party. 12 grand would not be to bad. I got $13,300 for my 2001 4300 with 120 hrs on it. You could easily get a new dash from parts and same with the 3 point. The 3 point would run you a couple hundered for the arms. Leased cars are sold all the time and same with tractors but it's buyer beware when buying any car or tractor used.

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( are used rentals bad purchases? Leased cars are bought all the time right???
)</font>
Rental yard equipment can get a lot of abuse...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am concerned with how I might finance it )</font>
Which often means that buying new ends up being a better deal...

It does sounf like a great deal, but never forget Buyer Beware!

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help #9  
"The price quoted to me for the 00" 4300 TLB is $14000. considering that this would cost about 25000 new, and it only has 1208 hours on it, isn't this a decent deal?"

Well, no warranty...and, 1200 hours is quite a bit although if the tractor was maintained, I wouldn't be too concerned. And that's a great price for a machine with a backhoe....you did say it was a TLB, correct?

However, buying from a rental company can be chancey, at best. I'd want to pull the hoe off and take a really good look under the tractor. I'm assuming this is a 3PH type rig...not a subframe?

You'll probably have to get a bank loan or home equity loan to pay for it.

Not necessarilly a bad deal, just look it over real good...don't let that "new toy" glaze in youe eyes cloud your judgement (that's tough to do though!). I notice you only have 3.25 acres. Why do you think you need such a large machine? That's why I wrote the "new toy" comment. You definitely want a tractor but do you need a tractor?

When I bought my 670, it was to replace a 12 HP Wheel Horse lawn tractor. I didn't "need" a compact tractor, but I sure wanted one. I just made sure I got a good machine...and had a more knowledgable friend with me when I went looking to "anchor me down" so to speak.

About a year ago, I looked at a 4300 series machine...just a loader, no backhoe. Nice machine, low hours (400 or so). Got sold before I could make up my mind, but in retrospect...what the heck would I have used a machine that big for on my three acres? Heck, it wouldn't have fit in my garage or the outbuilding (ROPS was too tall).

Good luck with your decision... BTW, is it all "Deere"? Or, is the 'hoe an aftermarket unit?

/ JD 4300 TLB specs help
The BH is a Deere. I forget the model #, but the BH was in great shape. The reason I want a larger tractor is for a few reasons. I was actually looking at the BX subcompacts - but I work with a farmer and he keeps preaching to me to get a 'real' tractor - that I will want more capability as time goes on. I also have a unique lot that is going to have stumps, driveway remodeling, and I have a spring fed pond which runs off into the back of my property. I was thinking of digging a small pond to capture the water. I have some excavation I want to do i guess. I think the Deere will hold its value best. I want a machine that will 'do it all' and last a long time. If down the road there is an attachment I want to use/borrow, I dont want to have to buy a new tractor. I haven't been back to the place for a week - the tractor may not still be there! Thanks everyone for the input !!