How did I do that?

/ How did I do that? #1  

ch1ch2

Veteran Member
Tractor
IH 584, NH TC33DA, NH TN95A
I was shredding between trees. Done it many times. Came back around and it did not look like it has cut right. I looked back at the shredder and it was sitting funny, so I checked a little better and a hitch pin had disappeared. I got the shredder lined back up and put a new hitch pin on. It was late so I parked the tractor.
The next day I decided to take the shredder off and when I did, the shredder looked funny again. "So that's why it looks funny" Now, How did I do that?
IMG_2927.jpgIMG_2926.jpgIMG_2929.jpg

Last edited:
   / How did I do that? #2  
Nice one! Just goes to show not only how powerful tractors are but that they're truly designed to 'pull'... so much so that you barely notice when you've 'pulled' something you shouldn't have, eh?

/ How did I do that?
You are so right! I went from 13 in wide tires to 18.4 wide. Now my 58 hp tractor will out pull my 400 hp truck. (I am sure the tires have a lot to do with it.)

/ How did I do that? #4  
After the skidder gets straightened (or replaced) and welded back on, you may consider hardfacing the ground contact area. The skidder gets thin from wear and is displaced much easier.

Hardfacing in a crosshatch (#) pattern has reduced the wear in several of my implements. Tillers especially have the same problem and the wear bar (landslide) on a plow are the most notable.

PlowPainted_02.JPG

/ How did I do that? #5  
I don't know how you did it, darn fine job of doing it though:sarcastic:

/ How did I do that? #6  
Straighten it out and tack it back. From the shininess on both sides, I would say you had it set too low and was constantly dragging when you started. Raise it up with a little air between it and the ground.
ccchugs, Brandi

/ How did I do that? #7  
Doesn't look like anything you can't fix with a log chain and a large tree. Then flip it over and beat the he11 out of it with a sledge hammer. Finally tack it to the frame with a welder. Good as new.

/ How did I do that?
Doesn't look like anything you can't fix with a log chain and a large tree. Then flip it over and beat the he11 out of it with a sledge hammer. Finally tack it to the frame with a welder. Good as new.

A new one will cost $23.

/ How did I do that? #9  
A new one will cost $23.
Where's the fun in that?:confused3: When I was rebuilding helicopters, I wanted to turn wrenches on them too.:thumbsup: My airframe rebuild boss said I didn't wanna be a parts changer.............like the mechanics!:( Never turned a wrench on one, but I could rebuild anything on a Bell 204, 205, 206 and 212s and Sikorsky S-76.:cool:
hugs, Brandi