Belarus 572

/ Belarus 572 #1  

willysmb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1736
Anyone know anything about a Belarus 572? Never even heard of them until yesterday. Are they impossible to find parts for?

/ Belarus 572 #2  
When it comes to Russian tractors, the motors aren't bad, but they should have left the rest of the tractor in Russia... lol

Truth is, if you never had anything else, you may even get to like them, as long as you can do your own repairs!

I consider them one step up from a Chinese tractor, still far behind the other brands...

A place near Ionia sold those Belarus new... (that's now out of business)

SR

/ Belarus 572
There is one at auction. 700 hours. Says it runs but has an electrical issue. I own a fab/offroad shop so repairs I can do. Right not auction is at about $800. Got some time left but I figured it might be worth it if price stays cheap.

/ Belarus 572 #4  
There are a couple small farms around here that run nothing but Belerus. From what I have seen they are a basic tractor with no extra frills, many are air cooled if not all of them(not sure on that part). The folks that have them, and do thier own repairs seem to like them. Kind of like those that swear by the Deutz brand. As like every brand, there are lovers and haters. Mike

/ Belarus 572 #5  
That one is acutally still in current production at MTZ in Belarus. Parts are readily available from MTZ Equipment LTD in Ontario,Canada and at US warehouse in Texas. Nice, big 290 cu in engine. Same engine is used in the bigger 952 that puts out 100 PTO hp with a turbo. The 572 is rated at 45 PTO hp but odds are is actually closer to 60 HP. Could be either a 9 or 18 speed transmission. Should have down pressure on the hitch also. Simple, heavy and reliable tractors.

/ Belarus 572 #6  
There are a couple small farms around here that run nothing but Belerus. From what I have seen they are a basic tractor with no extra frills, many are air cooled if not all of them(not sure on that part). The folks that have them, and do thier own repairs seem to like them. Kind of like those that swear by the Deutz brand. As like every brand, there are lovers and haters. Mike
The "Deutz" name shouldn't even be spoken in the same paragraph with Belarus, and for sure NOT the same sentence!! lol Deutz tractors are a thousand percent better tractors all the way around!

Belarus sell cheap for a reason, they have very weak clutches and lots of hydraulic problems and oil leaks and on and on... I've seen them for $400.00 bucks and wouldn't even pay that.

Sorry, but I need something that doesn't have constant leaks and other problems!

SR

/ Belarus 572 #7  
Anyone know anything about a Belarus 572? Never even heard of them until yesterday. Are they impossible to find parts for?

Parts are readily available, the 572 model is a 64Hp tractor, which is quite reliable.

/ Belarus 572 #8  
The "Deutz" name shouldn't even be spoken in the same paragraph with Belarus, and for sure NOT the same sentence!! lol Deutz tractors are a thousand percent better tractors all the way around!

Belarus sell cheap for a reason, they have very weak clutches and lots of hydraulic problems and oil leaks and on and on... I've seen them for $400.00 bucks and wouldn't even pay that.

Sorry, but I need something that doesn't have constant leaks and other problems!

SR

I am quite sure you must have been seeing very ''older'' tractors, probably produced in the 80's or early 90's

/ Belarus 572 #9  

SR

Plenty of issues with the big "name" tractors out there, just this year a big fendt lapped up a $40,000 gearbox repair at 4000 hours and a 4 year old 100 horse MF did simular with less hours (and the repairs so steep its gone to the wreckers), My friends 3 year old Deutz lunched its front diff for no apparent reason, causing other issues and cost him about 8k to get it repaired. Myself I have spent the equivalent of weeks waiting for a tech to come reset the gearbox in JD's and Fords when contracting, a few times I had to call overseas to get the reset procedure!

After an accident with a backing dozer, the entire replacement front diff for a guys 4wd Belarus cost him under 4k. All shiny new.

The MTZ/Belarus tractors make up 8% of the tractors made world wide. (3 million made and counting.....) They work in some of the most inhospitable climate and are probably able to be maintained more by there owners than any other modern brand. Older ones are being brought up all over and sent to africa, asia etc where they want a hard working tractor that will give them the longest service for least cost.

Are they refined and car like to drive? Oh heck no, but you get alot of tractor for the money

Last edited:
   / Belarus 572 #10  
Are they refined and car like to drive? Oh heck no, but you get alot of tractor for the money
Plenty of low houred Belarus for sale CHEEEEP, sounds like you better buy them up and have a fleet of week clutched, week hydraulics, leakers with poor electrical systems, that will be easy to fix...

I buy a tractor to use, not work on...

SR

Last edited: