Case 1150C

/ Case 1150C #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
I looked at a Case 1150C with 2,848 original hours. She's a little dirty, but mostly it looks like she's spent her life on a farm sitting around.

The engine started real easy and ran strong. No problems there, but I'm not sure of the make. Didn't Case use Cummins engines?

The tranny was a little stiff shifting, but ran fine. Any issues to look for?

The hoses are all bad, but that's an easy fix.

The tracks are pyramid shoes. I'm not familiar with them, good or bad. Any information would be appreciated.

The winch is a Hyster without cable. The owner said he's never used it or had a cable. The two levers didn't seem to do anything, but neither of us new what to do to make it work. Any advice?

I'm used to a JD 450G, that's it, so anything I can learn will really help me decide to buy it or not. Asking price is $16,500 with a rake.

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Case 1150C #2  
Since no one has posted I'll post what little I know.

The 1150D's and E's had the 5.9 cummins. I'm not sure of the C as that was around the time of the changeover. I'm not familar enough with the Case trans to help there.

Pyramid/apex shoes or "swamp" pads really shine in soft stuff like mud and silt. They don't disturb the mud much with ruts and ridging.
On hard ground they have less traction than standard bar grousers. I'm not familar with hyster winches.

Sixteen sounds fair but not exceptional based on the ads in the trader.

/ Case 1150C
Thanks for the reply. I spoke with the mechanic at Case and learned that the 1150C has a Case 451 diesel engine.

I went back to look at the dozer today also, and just had a bad feeling about it. Too many little things didn't add up. The owner was playing like he didn't know about tractors, but then he'd get into detail about the rails. He said there was 50% of the drive left, but he wouldn't let me drive it, nor would he drive it himself. He said the tracks woudl jump off.

My friend said "he wears his pants too tight" and with that we left.

Eddie

/ Case 1150C #4  
Sounds like the tracks are shot and he knows it... Leave that one be is my advice. That and a $1.25 might buy a dr. pepper.

/ Case 1150C
Yeah, too many things didn't add up. I'm still looking.