Comparison Used Choices - Kubota L3710 or L4330 - Need Your Advice Please

/ Used Choices - Kubota L3710 or L4330 - Need Your Advice Please #1  

bspeedy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330, Ford 1700, JD 2210, Takeuchi TB135 Excavator
I have an interesting choice to make between two excellent tractors.

Tractor #1 - 2002 Kubota L3710 4x4 with LA681 loader with 66" bucket. Ag tires.
780 hours
2-owners plus me.
I've owned for 3 years and put on around 150 hours.
Upgraded with canopy, LED lights front / rear, SSQA, electrical 3rd function.
Very, very good condition. Always stored indoors. No leaks, no oil usage, no issues. Could use front tires soon due to wear.
I love this tractor.

Tractor #2 - 2004 Kubota L4330 4x4 with LA853 SSQA loader with 72" bucket. R4 tires
940 hours
1-owner since new (will be mine soon for a very reasonable price). Owner is meticulous beyond even my standards.
Oil changed every 50 hours with new filter every other oil change.
Nearly perfect condition. Stored in a nice shop. No paint fade, no scratches other than floor boards, no leaks. Beautiful machine.
Could use front tires due to wear. Used mainly for cutting grass on a 7-acre property and I think the owner left it in 4wd all the time.

Question - which tractor would you choose to keep? I can only keep one. I have two other tractors anyway. Price of purchase for both is / was pretty close. Actually the L4330 was a little less. I would change the canopy and lights over to the L4330 if I opted to keep it. Probably would just get a new 3rd function setup since removal from the L3710 would be a pain. I prefer R1 tires, so I guess I could just swap those around. The L3710 has a track record with me. The L4330 is unproven. Machine weight and loader capacity favor the L4330. Hours a little lower on the L3710, but it's a mechanical hour meter so it likely has close to 900 running hours on it (estimated). The real downside to the L4330, to me, is the digital dash. Those things scare me. Am I being ridiculous with that concern?

What would you do and WHY?

Thanks for your input.

/ Used Choices - Kubota L3710 or L4330 - Need Your Advice Please #2  
I would forget the tractors and think on how you would use one. In other words how would this new machine be utilized mostly? Would a smaller tractor be more applicable for tighter spaces? Do you have fields to mow and would appreciate more pto hp? Do you log with your tractor so more weight of a larger tractor would be advantageous?

Your usage will tell you which to get.

/ Used Choices - Kubota L3710 or L4330 - Need Your Advice Please #3  
I Machine weight and loader capacity favor the L4330.

The downside to the L4330, to me, is the digital dash. Those things scare me. Am I being ridiculous with that concern?

What would you do and WHY?

TractorData.com L4330: TractorData.com Kubota L433 tractor information

I like tractor weight.
I do not know what year Kubota started with the HST/PLUS transmission but it is worth quite a lot, if the L4330 has it, as are the massive Three Point Hitch Lower Links and rigid, telescoping Stabilizers.

I store my L3560 in my garage. "Intellipanel" has not been an issue in 3-1/2 years.
Will you store this tractor indoors or outdoors? If outdoors, any reason you cannot keep a 8' X 10' canvas tarpaulin over the operator's station?

LINK TO ARCHIVES: kubota intellipanel - Google Search

Last edited:
   / Used Choices - Kubota L3710 or L4330 - Need Your Advice Please

I like tractor weight. I do not know what year Kubota started with the HST/PLUS transmission but it is worth quite a lot, if the L4330 has it, as are the massive Three Point Hitch Lower Links and rigid, telescoping Stabilizers

I store my L3560 in my garage. "Intellipanel" has not been an issue.
Will you store this tractor indoors or outdoors? If outdoors, any reason you cannot keep a 6' X 8' canvas tarpaulin over the operator's station?
I cannot remember seeing a complaint about Grand L Intellipanels on T-B-N.

LINKS TO ARCHIVES: kubota intellipanel - Google Search

Both tractors are manual with shuttle shift. No HST. All my equipment is stored indoors.

I like tractor weight. I do not know what year Kubota started with the HST/PLUS transmission but it is worth quite a lot, if the L4330 has it, as are the massive Three Point Hitch Lower Links and rigid, telescoping Stabilizers

I store my L3560 in my garage. "Intellipanel" has not been an issue.
Will you store this tractor indoors or outdoors? If outdoors, any reason you cannot keep a 6' X 8' canvas tarpaulin over the operator's station?
I cannot remember seeing a complaint about Grand L Intellipanels on T-B-N.

LINKS TO ARCHIVES: kubota intellipanel - Google Search

L3710 has telescopic stabilizer but does not have retractable lift links. L4330 has both. Good point for sure.

Also good to know that the panels have not had issues.

I do see the additional weight as a plus. Also the lift capacity of the loader. The 4330 is a longer wheelbase by 4 inches. Not huge, but something. Also the turning radius is a bit larger by a few inches.

/ Used Choices - Kubota L3710 or L4330 - Need Your Advice Please #6  
In the different lines we sell I would never short the kubota dash boards life. So far it is the one we have had the least amount of trouble.

/ Used Choices - Kubota L3710 or L4330 - Need Your Advice Please #7  
The L4330 gives you more power from a 4 cyl. engine, the new dual cylinder 3 point setup with more lifting capacity and a stronger loader which has SSQA for greater versatility. Would the R4's offer any advantage in durability and for loader use? If none of those things are meaningful for the work you do with a tractor, it's probably a toss-up which you choose. You are a lucky dude to be in a position to choose between them.

/ Used Choices - Kubota L3710 or L4330 - Need Your Advice Please #8  
Deleted (did not read the whole post)

Thanks, guys, for your input. I agree that I am lucky to have the choice.

My plan is to run them both for a few weeks and make a decision based upon my impressions during that time period.