Trailer tie down straps

/ Trailer tie down straps #1  

Anonymous Poster

I use straps to tie my BX 2200 down to the trailer. I like to use the 10,000lbs rated straps, but I can only find them that are 27' long. I really would like to find some that are only 12-15' long. It would save having to cut the longer ones down. Thanks.

/ Trailer tie down straps #2  
Never run into shorter ones myself, BUT the excess strapping can come in mighty handy down the road for other projects, or replacement straps.

/ Trailer tie down straps #3  
Will, I've got the 27 footers myself and have never seen shorter ones in that rating. I usually just fold up the excess and tighten the strap down over it. I've been thinking of trying some of those "ball bungees" to keep the excess under control as well as keeping it all under control when I'm not using them. I agree with the other poster, that you may one day need the extra length. Hope this helps /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif

/ Trailer tie down straps #4  
Around here, there are people that actually make the straps to order. I usually run into them at car shows in the summer. At the booth they sew them to exactly what you want. Real good quality.

Maybe you could ask around at trailer places where you live? There has got to be some around, they can't ALL be here, can they?

John Bud

/ Trailer tie down straps
Thanks for all the answers. I have done all of your suggestions at one time or another ( save excess, tie up the slack, searched the local trailer dealers ), maybe finding a vendor at a car show may be the answer. I really appreciate the advice.

/ Trailer tie down straps
AW Direct (don't have their phone number handy) will sell the 4" straps in custom length.

Pat