Removed Mahindra FEL today. Easy!

/ Removed Mahindra FEL today. Easy! #1  

KENB

Silver Member
Tractor
MAHINDRA 4110, Ford 2N
Just to update my previous post regarding removing the Mahindra FEL, today I removed the ML112 on my 4110 for the first time. It was really easy. Then I re-connected it, and it was just as easy. Took me less than 10 minutes to remove it, and less than 5 minutes to re-connect it. And that was with reading the directions in the Mahindra owners manual. I had a Mahindra dealer tell me that he only sells Bush Hog brand loaders on his Mahindra's because they were easier to remove than the Mahindra loader. He told me that the Mahindra loader was a real knuckle buster. I think he is exaggerating greatly. That dealer probably makes more $$ or something off of the other brand loader than the Mahindra or something. I don't know for sure. But rest assured, if you have a ML112 or similar, it is really easy to remove and remount it. Just make sure you are on a level surface, and follow the 6 steps in the manual.

/ Removed Mahindra FEL today. Easy! #2  
I've found the Mahindra loader to be really easy to remove & install also. The first time I mowed my lawn with I left the FEL on, and sure enough, I took a big ol' hunk of bark off a tree in my yard. Opened my eyes, for sure, because it only took a second of carelessness, and easily could have been the side of my house. Now I remove the loader before I mow and reattach it after I'm done. Its a piece of cake, I think I could do it in my sleep now. Takes less than 5 minutes each way, but its definitely easier when you remove it on the level.

/ Removed Mahindra FEL today. Easy! #3  
Glad to know it isn't that hard. I can't imagine doing it much on my 5500 (I have 46 acres) but it's nice to know that if I need to I won't be killing myself /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Removed Mahindra FEL today. Easy! #4  
I take the FEL off my 2810HST every time I put the finish mower on. It makes mowing a lot easier. The only problem I have with the 2810HST is that the front tires are so big I have to remove the plates that hold the FEL on or put the nuts back on to hold them up so they don't hit the tires when I reinstall the FEL. Other than that little quirk on that model of tractor it is pretty easy.

It is still quick on and off once you get the hang of it.
The first time though, holy cow !!!!

Dave in NH

2810 HST