I'm thinking of changing from orange to blue...

/ I'm thinking of changing from orange to blue... #1  

Anonymous Poster

I\'m thinking of changing from orange to blue...

Currently have a b7100 and am thinking about upgrading. Need machine to cut the lawn (1 acre), pastures (6 acres) and do some light lifting (manure, fence posts, stone, dirt, etc.). Which Blue machine would fit the bill and how much would that bill be? Machine, frontloader and 60" deck.

Thanks

/ I'm thinking of changing from orange to blue... #2  
Re: I\'m thinking of changing from orange to blue...

I'm curious about why you want to get rid of the B7100. If you describe where the B7100 comes up short for you then we would be in a better position to help suggest a different tractor.

I know that the lack of power steering is a disadvantage for loader operations. And you may have a problem finding a decent loader. I think that I saw a used B1630C loader at the Knoxville TN dealership that I believe would fit you B7100. I have no idea about the details of the loader, however.

I know that I sound like a broken record sometimes, but please ensure that you are knowledgeable on the "thermo-siphon" water cooling peculiarities** that the B7100 has and pass that information along to the subsequent buyer if you do sell. The B7100 is an excellent tractor and the cooling system is really good but significantly different than most other cooling systems and the owner/operator needs to understand its differences. Failure to understand this cooling system has ruined a few engines.

** no thermostat, no water pump, always premix, never exceed 50/50 antifreeze ratio.

Hope this helps,
Kelvin

/ I'm thinking of changing from orange to blue... #3  

The NH TC21D, would replace your B7100 just fine. Power steering, position control on the 3pt., and a very user friendly design. The cost for the tractor...$11,000-11,500, the 60 inch deck $1700-$2200, the front-end loader $2500-2800. Te Kubota B7500 is also very close and may come out cheaper.

/ I'm thinking of changing from orange to blue... #4  

Go BLUE TC 21D!!!!! Seriously Kubota B7500 and JD 4100 are also good choices. Try them and make your own decision.