Price Check What is a good price for a new John Deere 4310?

/ What is a good price for a new John Deere 4310? #1  

thomasp

Hello everyone, I am new to this, I've been in the Air Force for 20 years and will retire soon. I want to start a small tractor-landscaping business and think that the 4310 with a 430 FEL and 60" box would be good. Am I right? and What is a good price for a new John Deeere 4310? Before AZ sales tax, 8.1% ouch, I was quoted $22,000 for 4310 with barr tires, hydro, 430 loader, 60" scraper. Should I wait for the new one to come out? Thanks ThomasP

/ What is a good price for a new John Deere 4310? #2  
Welcome to the board... Take a look in the Deere Buying section below. I think you'll find a ton of information on Deere pricing. We don't have much info yet on the replacement for the mid-chassis 4x10 series. Based on the changes to the large chassis compact (Contradiction in terms IMHO /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) I wouldn't expect anything revolutionary from the new 3x series.

Looking at it quickly I think you may have a somewhat high price quoted there. Hopefully others will weigh in on this one too.

Good Luck shopping, and good luck with your new business - I think the 4310 will be a great fit.

/ What is a good price for a new John Deere 4310? #3  
The best local quotes for just the tractor I've got were as follows:
4310 eHydro R4's dscv - $15,500 + tax
4310 ePowreverser R4's dscv - $14,500 + tax

I have'nt purchased anything yet, but judging by those prices - it's probably going to be orange instead of green.

/ What is a good price for a new John Deere 4310? #4  
Mine is not hydro but here is what I gave.

4310 with Power reverser, 430 loader and R4 tires

$16,900 out the door.

/ What is a good price for a new John Deere 4310? #5  
ThomasP,

I just took delivery on a 4310, ehydro, 4WD, R4's, mid PTO, DSCV, 3rd SCV, power beyond, 430 FEL w/61" HD bucket and 72" MMM plus a bunch of other accessories for $22,500.

For me, your price seems a little high but prices (discounts off list) do vary widely across the country. My discount was near the upper end of the range. It is best to compare prices in your area to determine if you are being quoted a good price.

Good luck on the purchase. I would recommend that you get the HD bucket, 3rd SCV and power beyond. The last 2 will give you options for attachments in the future.

Jeff

/ What is a good price for a new John Deere 4310? #6  
Don't know what pricing is like in AZ, and it does seem to vary greatly by area, but here in MO that would be way high. I just bought a 4310 ehydre, 430 fel, 61"hd bucket, 60" 7-iron mmm, R-4 tires for $20,800.

/ What is a good price for a new John Deere 4310? #7  
I tried to build your tractor on the Deere web site. I assumed mfwd, and the standard materials bucket for the 430. The price I came up with was 23,382 list price. I did not include the box scraper. When I bought my 4310 last month, I got about an 18% discount off the list at the Deere site. If you assume the same discount, you would be at about 19,100 plus the box scraper. As the other folks noted, prices seem to vary by region. Good luck with your research.
John

/ What is a good price for a new John Deere 4310? #8  
I bought a 4410 eHydro w/ automotive cruise and speedmatch, 430 loader, 1 set of rear wheel weights, R4 tires, and the extendable draft links. $19950 + Tax.

Hope that helps.