Buhler (Farm King) Rough Cut Mower Recommendation

/ Buhler (Farm King) Rough Cut Mower Recommendation #1  

3CW_Alberta

Tractor
MF 135
Does anyone have any experience with the Buhler (Farm King) Y620 rotary mower? This is a 6 ft rough cut mower (commonly referred to in the US as a Bush Hog) as opposed to a previous post that was asking about the Farm King finishing mower. I understand that this mower is common in Canada but not so common in the US. Any comments on this mower? I am looking to use this mower for grass / weed control along fence lines, ditches and pastures as my riding mower is getting over whelmed. I don't expect to be cutting any sticks more than 1 inch and hope to avoid the rocks (we don't have many ... until I find them mowing) /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

I have been following your forums for the past few months and enjoy learning from your experiences /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I just joined up today and even filled out my user information (didn't want to catch heck on my first posting) but found 250 characters too limiting for my bio. Perhaps I am just too wordy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Regards, Wayne of the 3C/W near Calgary

/ Buhler (Farm King) Rough Cut Mower Recommendation #2  
Hi Wayne,

Never heard anything really bad about Farm King. I think their stuff is middle of the road quality-wise, but pretty decent on the pocket book. I've seem more Farm King /Buhler snow blowers than rough cut mowers around here, but I can't see how they would be bad.

I ended up with a King Kutter, but there's nothing special about them either. Just a decent mower for a decent price.

We're slowly building up the Alberta contingent here. Welcom aboard /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kevin