L5450 - way cool

/ L5450 - way cool #1  

rbargeron

Elite Member
Tractor
L5450, L48, L3250, L345
As posted last week, the L5450 has arrived. And it's great.

The attached pic (above) was taken at the dealer's about a month ago. First owner had greased every fitting every week - good news but I needed to clean off the excess. It was a real beauty after the hot soap job, but I've gotten it dirty again. The Bradco hoe is a real digger - got out a one-ton stump which has been an eyesore for 2 years. The hoe detaches in minutes - very nice system. This tractor has a front-mounted 13 gpm pump - the hoe runs from the tractor's hydraulics. I was wondering about whether the R4's would have enough bite off-road - the tractor is heavy enough so they grip just fine. And the fact that the whole tractor is about 2" lower makes it seem more stable. Did I mention I'm in love?

Oh, BTW the L4150 sold in a flash (got the check today). The buyer is getting a great unit. Thanks to Gordon and Mark for support in taking this plunge !

Attachments

• 2-43725-5450bradco.jpg
    2-43725-5450bradco.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 147
   / L5450 - way cool #2  
Yep, looks very much like my L4850. The shuttle shift on these tractors is excellent. Power and lift are great too. My L4850 has about 450 hours on it. Its about a 1992 model. You will find that it takes a long time for the hour meter to refgister an hour. IE., we run ours all day at the job and can muster up about 2-3 hours when we use it alot. Rat...

/ L5450 - way cool
Hey Rat.... I've noticed the 5450 has a pretty tall 7th gear. There's a big jump from 6th to 7th and a small jump form 7th to 8th. Is your 4850 like that? This rig has real power.

Dick Bargeron ------ Power is Good

/ L5450 - way cool #4  
Exactly. 7th is huge. The way I get into 7th is to shift into it from 5th to 6th to 7th. 8th is so tall that I'm passing cars. Shifting works very easy. A little momentum is all you need as it slows down quickly between gears. Nice tractor you have. The Kubota dealers have said the 5 cylinders were definitely some of their favorites. The "Ever Clutch" is smooth and I suspect, very long lasting. Rat..