Favorite motor oil for your tractor?

/ Favorite motor oil for your tractor? #1  

lostname

So what motor oil do you use in your tractor and why?

Thanks for any response.

Roy

/ Favorite motor oil for your tractor? #2  
rotella
Why? because it is a carry over of when I used to truck all over this great nation of ours and I could get Rotella anywhere in this country. Never had a mechanical failure due to oil.

/ Favorite motor oil for your tractor? #3  
Roy, I used 15W-40 Delo 400 for the same reason virgil uses Rotella. They're both rated for diesel engines and both popular brands. I have no idea how much experience you have or what you know about oils, so I may be preaching to the choir, but use an oil that has an API rating that starts with a "C" (that means it's rated for use in diesel engines); used to be CC/CD, but then later kept moving up the alphabet as improvements came about. I was using CH-4 rating a couple of years ago, but I think there are even later ratings now.

/ Favorite motor oil for your tractor? #5  
I'll be running rotella non-synthetic for now will probably go synthetic well after break in. Use this in my GM diesel and on the fireboat I run (903M cummings) and have good luck.

On my GM I run synthetic in the winter...gets her spinning faster.

I'm kicking around the idea of synthetic hydro oil too..

Any thought?

/ Favorite motor oil for your tractor? #6  
I like synthetics. Only problem (my experance) is if you have a small leak with the regular stuff, the better lubricating synthitic will make it leak worse.

/ Favorite motor oil for your tractor? #7  
yes, you're absolutely right about the leak problem.

/ Favorite motor oil for your tractor? #8  
For my diesel yanmar, Rotella 15W-40....see all the reasons above....

/ Favorite motor oil for your tractor? #10  
I can tell what oil i use in my Freightliner Caterpiller motor. I started out with Rotella, then switched to Pennzoil , and am now using Mobil Delvac 15-40. You can buy it at Wal-Mart for under $6.00 a gallon. The Mobil is the best at not breaking down. I use less oil with it between changes. Just turned 300,000 miles on the motor and no problems.