1980 Kubota 23HP

/ 1980 Kubota 23HP #1  

papafarmer

Going to look at a 1980 Kubota with loader and cab. It has 2000 hours and the asking price is 5995.00 -I can get it for 500.00 less =5500.00
Don't know the model number, but it is 23HP. I suppose prices vary according to area, etc. but is this within the range of value for a machine of this age and use? Will soon see, but am told it is in very good condition, only needs paint......

/ 1980 Kubota 23HP #2  
I think you may be able to get more tractor cheaper. However.. if it was minty or restored, or has implements with it.. it might be a consideration. Make sure it is not a grey unit with a reversed pto..

Since you are looking at used, check out other brands as well... that seems a tad high on the price..

Soundguy

/ 1980 Kubota 23HP #3  
I'm with Soundguy on this, it's a little high unless the tractor is pristine. There are plenty of times you can get a much newer used tractor for not much more than that due to the attractive financing and pricing on some models.
Make sure you get the model number, go to Kubota's website and check that model against their gray market model numbers. If it's gray, stay away because Kubota will NOT sell you replacement parts and you'll have a hard time getting them for a price that's anywhere near resonable. John

/ 1980 Kubota 23HP #4  
You may want to do some checking around for parts availability. Particularly drivetrain stuff. Front axle joints/gears. Some things have been discontinued for the older tractors. Just depends on the model.

KO

/ 1980 Kubota 23HP #5  
Any idea what model it is ? I have a grey L2201DT that I can get parts for with no problem . Mine is about 22/24 horsepower. Virtually the same as American model L245DT. Price does seem a bit steep but as mentioned earlier , if it is in exceptional condition , not painfully high priced. I would consider it. Price negotiable? 2wheel drive or 4 ?

/ 1980 Kubota 23HP #6  
As a price comparison for you; I paid $6375 for a 1990-91? L2050 DT. Its a 25 hp, 4wd, power steering with loader. It had between 1100 and 1200 hours on it when I bought it. I just couldnt justify buying new for the amount I use the tractor. A new 28 hp kubota base model tractor cost 2 times the price I paid for my used tractor. That was just the tractor...no loader.