TNT cylinder stuck

/ TNT cylinder stuck #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Guys, I have a hydraulic ram on my rear blade so I can use the remotes to change the angle of the blade. It's been troublefree for the three years I've had it. Last time I mounted the blade, however, I got no joy out of the hydraulics. I know there's pressure back there, as the backhoe had no problem just before changing over to the blade. Besides, when I move the remote lever in either direction the appropriate hose jumps like it has just been pressurized. It's just that the blade doesn't work.

What are the troubleshooting and PM steps I ought to be doing?

Pete

/ TNT cylinder stuck #2  
When a customer has hydraulic problems just as you speak, we instruct them to change the male couplers. Check the male couplers first by replacing them with ones that are currently working or with new ones. The male couplers are inexpensive and often the problem.

/ TNT cylinder stuck #3  
Pete, I'd suggest reseating your quick-connects. That sounds an awful lot like what happens when you don't get one fully connected. To make sure the cylinder isn't stuck, you can remove or loosen both quick-connect ends and move the blade by hand. That should cause oil to leak out of one of the connectors and the other one to suck air.

I'm just suggesting this as a quick first step before you replace the couplers as Mark suggested.

/ TNT cylinder stuck
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Pete, I'd suggest reseating your quick-connects. That sounds an awful lot like what happens when you don't get one fully connected. To make sure the cylinder isn't stuck, you can remove or loosen both quick-connect ends and move the blade by hand. That should cause oil to leak out of one of the connectors and the other one to suck air.

I'm just suggesting this as a quick first step before you replace the couplers as Mark suggested. )</font>

Thanks! That was my first thought as that's happened before. But the other times the small circlip had snapped out of position and the fix was really obvious. This time it looks okay. But you're right. That's the simplest thing to check. I'll remove the circlips and do the annual cleaning of the area around my outlets, then reinstall. I'll let you know if that was the problem. Thanks again. Pete