BX 3 point sprayer

/ BX 3 point sprayer #1  

tomnky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I am mulling over the idea of buying a 3 point sprayer for My BX2200. Mainly it will be used for the lawn and spraying trees.

My Question is this: What brand is the most reliable ? How many have a boom and wand as well where I can use it for everything?

I priced one from the Green Dealer and they want $2000.00 for one delivered and I have to assemble it.

It is a tad steep for me to justify the cost to the other half /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chime in guys and give me some advice here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX 3 point sprayer #2  
I just built one for my BX2200. I'll try to take a photo tonight and post it. I used a Hypro 6500 roller pump ($100), a 25 gallon tank ($29.99) and then some spray fittings and regulator (maybe $75.00 total). Almost all the parts came from TSC. The steel I had laying around. It works great. I put an 80" boom on it and plan to add a hand sprayer attachment later. It's much better then anything I could have bought.

/ BX 3 point sprayer #3  
Mine is not a BX, but . . . I custom built a sprayer using 2 15 gallon tanks (one tank to kill stuff -HERBICIDE- and one tank to grow stuff -FERTILIZER-), I have 2 complete pumps, two sets of hoses, etc. The only thing that is common between them is they share the same spray boom, but so far I've never used the spray boom for herbicides so the only thing to go through the spray boom has been fertilizers. I should say that I used 12-volt pumps, not PTO powered pumps.

Even with all the stuff I did, the total cost was under $1000, and I could have gotten the price down way below that if I used 1 smaller tank, one pump, one spray gun, etc. I am really **** about organic stuff and I won't run organic fluids through the same pumps that I will run non-organic. Most people don't care. I do. And it cost me plenty, but I think for $2000 you must be looking at gold plated equipment with sterling silver trim???

Go to the PHOTO section of TBN and you can see my 2 tank 3pt spray rig.

Tom, I noticed you have 1 acre, just for reference, I get about 1 acre sprayed for each 15 gallons of fluid, using the boom sprayer. If I had to do it over again, I would have used 25 gallong tanks, but then my lot is larger than yours so it would save me some time to have larger tanks.

/ BX 3 point sprayer #4  
There is a company called DEMCO that builts a nice PTO drive unit that retails for $850 or so. We sell them regularly.

/ BX 3 point sprayer #5  
I have a 50 gal one from TSC, has 12 foot foldable booms. I bought a pto roller pump to use with it. Sprayer was close to $500 I think - probably could find one on sale now. I fill it to about 40 gal max as the front of the BX starts to get a little light without the loader on.

Attachments

• 502079-sprayer.jpg
    502079-sprayer.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 312
   / BX 3 point sprayer
Thanks, I would love to see the pictures of it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX 3 point sprayer
I really like the idea of two tanks Bob .

Looks like an A-1 job on Yours and I appreciate the volume tips.I almost choked when the Deere Dealer gave me that quote /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifBut even He said it was way too much! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX 3 point sprayer
Thanks Neil I appreciate the information and did look at their web page. Looks like a Nice unit.

Neil, What size of tanks do you seel for use with a sub-compact? What size booms are available on these units?

Demco's website doesn't really divulge the different options and I would think You could configure one to ones needs.

Thanks, Tom

/ BX 3 point sprayer
Ryan , Thanks I have a TSC Close and I will certainly give them a going over!.....Do You think maybe one should have the front weights? I really have no idea How much I am going to have to mix at one time to spray my lot since I am just starting to think this out( My goal is to get ride of TruGreen) /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ BX 3 point sprayer #10  
How about the 12 volt pull behinds from TSC. I have the 15 gallon one and it does great. Even the herbicides and fertilizers from TSC have this particular sprayer in the settings, giving you exactly what mixures etc. Mine was under 200.00