Ford 1910 Drive Pinion Gear Shot help with removal

/ Ford 1910 Drive Pinion Gear Shot help with removal #1  

artie

I got it all apart, the ring gear is shot and so is the drive gear. How on the green earth do you get that thing out? Any help would be great.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Pinion Gear Shot help with removal #2  
If you have both axle housings off the center section, unbolt the trunnions from the front frame. Drop the center section down and pull it frontwards to disengage the driveshaft and cover. Throw the center section on the bench and remove the pinion shaft. You do have a repair manual? If not get one, or hire the rest of the repair done by someone qualified and in a position to back up the work if something goes wrong. Ring and pinion setup is not for novices. You are looking at over $500 just for a new R&P; bearings, seals, shims are extra.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Pinion Gear Shot help with removal
I got it out, the 4 bolts that hold it onto the chassis took some work to get it off. Otherwise its not to bad.

The ring gear and pinion gear are $567 dollars alone. I told my father that he needed to have the fixed professionally that I was unsure how to do the settings properly and was not comfortable with doing it.

So now the parts are at the tractor place for the next two weeks to get rebuilt.

I hope getting it back on isnt a toughy. I am going to borrow my father in laws transmission lift.

Thanks for the help.