L 5030 50 hr service???

/ L 5030 50 hr service??? #1  

DDT

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040/cab, BX25D, RTVX900
I have 50 hrs on my new tractor. But this time of year most is very low RPM and no hard pulling. So I wait for another 20 hrs to service or do it now?

/ L 5030 50 hr service??? #2  
I would not wait on the service. Get that crud out of your engine, and tranny. Not to mention any break in adjustments. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

One of the main resaons to do a service on new engines is to remove assembly crud, and metal shavings from the break in period.

I used to build engines for drag racers, and off shore boat racers and we would assemble them in a "clean room". A second set of tools was used, as well as parts washer and you had to go in through another door to get into the room from the shop. The boss was fanatical about this.

After we'd build say a Big Block Chevy, all parts spotless!!they'd run it for a 1/2 hour and we'd drain the oil. I ran it through a screen, then a paint filter. You would be amazed at the crud and fine pieces of metal in your brand new engine. You don't want that stuff to find a home on a bearing surface, or watch out!!

Call me crazy but when I buy a new anything with an engine in it the first thing I do is change the oil. On a vehicle I change it again at about 100 miles, than 1000, than 3000, and every 3k after that.

I do differentials, transfer cases, and transmissions 1x a year regardless of mileage, or hours when it comes to a tractor.

It might cost a little more in the long run, but it's cheap insurance. I pulled a valve cover on my 93 Chevy PU. The top of the head looks brand new, and wear is at a minimum thanks to Mobil 1.

You spent alot of $$$ on your tractor do the service!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif..J

/ L 5030 50 hr service??? #3  
I would do it, for the reasons Jaeger stated above and also just so there would be no questions if a warranty issue arises. It is costly, I did it myself and the fluids and filters (all Kubota) were $265. However, the 100 hour service only requires engine oil change and no filters and the 200 hour service doesn't require a transmission fluid change, so the next complete fluid and filter service is the 400 hour service.

/ L 5030 50 hr service??? #4  
   / L 5030 50 hr service???
well I took the advice and changed all oils today. I have used the loader alot, so I know the oil has been hot since I grabed a cylinder by mistake. That hyd oil is suppose to be 100 degrees hotter than the air temp. It did not take long to let go. Thanks I feel better now

/ L 5030 50 hr service???
OK one more? When I pulled the plug for the front axle, I could hear air going in quickly. I could not find a vent,but with my shoulder it is not easy getting on the floor. Is this normal?
Nothing about a vent in onwers manual. Don't seem rigth to me.