MF 1433V vs MF 1240

/ MF 1433V vs MF 1240 #1  

Syncro

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF 1532, Kubota B-26 TLB
The local MF dealer has a rental return (vineyard use) 1433V with 30 hours, syncro shuttle 8x8, R-1's, and will put on a new 1466 loader for $15500, plus tax and says its a firm price. Now, I already have a 1240 thats like new with 170 hrs and a 16x16 tranny. How much real difference is there between these 2 machines? They both share the same instruement cluster, hood, and what looks like a lot of other parts. The 1433V seems to have less frills, eg there are less fender mounted gear selectors, and it has a sinple stick on the floor shifter and a case mounted PTO engagement lever as opposed to the 1240's flat deck and fender controls, that have of course more linkage. I know there is about a 5 hp difference and the 1433 has bigger tires and what looks like a heavier front axle, but are the main tractor parts the same? I'm talking castings, engine, rear ends, the 'guts' ? What are some thoughts here about making a swap?

I personally like 'em both and either machine would do just fine for my needs, and my 1240 sure runs and looks good. I just can't help thinking about the pros & cons of a swap. BTW, money wise I'd probably be looking at maybe $1000 to $1500 difference if I sold my old machine privately. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

/ MF 1433V vs MF 1240 #2  
Syncro, I have a 1433v w/8x8 shuttle,price wise that's pretty close to what I paid for a new one w/r4's. I really don't know much about the 1240 so I can't compare but I can give some of my thoughts on the 1433v. Mine has the larger 14.9 24" tires on the rear,I understand they offer the smaller tire that comes on the 1428-1431 also. That being part of the reason the tractor is a fairly tall. It has a high seat so when you are traversing an incline you get a little of that "boy I hope it doesn't roll-over" feeling(pucker factor), and around trees watch out for the low branches .
Also with the r4 tires one of the implements I use is too wide to fit between the lift bars because they hit the tires before the opening is big enough to hitch it up.(I could have trimmed the implement but it wasn't mine) R1's might not do that.
If you mow grass with it the 8x8 is lacking for the" just right" gear selection. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I like the visibility, sharp steering ,rear fuel tank,folding ROPS,good power never bogs, to me its a good looking tractor /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif 60" bucket ,narrow enough to get between things.

If you have any specific questions about usage on a certian task with it just ask if I've done it I'll post about it..

If your totally happy with your 1240, /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It would be probably be a toss-up unless you mow with it then I would go with 16x16 for sure.That transmission cost at least $1000 more than the 8x8 I'm pretty sure.

/ MF 1433V vs MF 1240
Mark- Thanks for the comments. I too like the features you mentioned, like sharp turning radius etc. I mow about 8 ac twice a month in summer, so maybe I am better with the 16x16 I also wasn't aware that that tranny cost more.

If you paid almost $15500 new I may pass on it, as my 1240 fits the bill very nicely for me. I can't help but look at any tractor thats for sale though and couldn't pass up a bargain, which this 1433V apparently is not. Tractors are so scarce around these parts one can make pretty good $$ just buying and selling, its fun too.