What can I get with a 15K budget

/ What can I get with a 15K budget #1  

CajunRider

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45
I need a 4WD tractor/FEL/Bushhog/Box Blade. Can some Branson enthusiasts tell me what model I can expect to get with my budget. If possible I'd like to see your argument as to why Branson should be the choice.

TIA,

/ What can I get with a 15K budget #2  
Well I dont know how much new machine you're going to get with all those goodies for 15k.

Without knowing the size and what you expect it to do there is no answer to the question.

However I can say, and probably most others down here in the misc. tractors basement of TBN, that most of us really dig /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif our branson/century/zetor.

I thought they were the most bang for the buck, engineered well, good assembly technique, fit and finish. I wanted a tractor I could use/abuse and not fix it everyday...my century has answered that call. I'm not afraid to wrench out on my machines...just dont have the time to add tractor fixin to my to do list.

You can probably get a beefy chinatown machine with all those goodies for 15K. Only one caveat, if your not really handy turnin a wrench, or figuring things out, you may not have a good day. If you work on your own vehicles, your probably OK.

get back to the group...what do you expect this machine to do??

rameye

/ What can I get with a 15K budget
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wanted a tractor I could use/abuse and not fix it everyday.)</font>
My sentiment exactly.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You can probably get a beefy chinatown machine with all those goodies for 15K. Only one caveat, if your not really handy turnin a wrench, or figuring things out, you may not have a good day. If you work on your own vehicles, your probably OK.)</font>
In a pinch I can perform basic repair. My shop is not set up for engine rebuild however.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( get back to the group...what do you expect this machine to do??)</font>
I plan to use it to bushhog 6-10 acres of land. The land can be boggy at times. I plan to use the FEL and the box blade for landscaping my properties.

Thanks for your input.

/ What can I get with a 15K budget #4  
Here's some Branson package prices from a dealer in Oregon.

Looks like a 2810 may be the only model close to your price range when you add on a rotary cutter and box blade - and that's assuming you can match these prices in LA and you don't have to pay sales tax.

/ What can I get with a 15K budget #5  
My 2810 with Ags, Loader, 7ft blade was $14600 last year....so it might be doable but it will take a good deal to add in the mower...

Phil

/ What can I get with a 15K budget #6  
Hey Cajun Rider, I have a Branson 2810, 30 gross hp, for 2 years now 200 hrs on it and am located in Lake Arthur, LA. I bought mine at Cane's in Lafayette, Mr. Tom is a very nice person and is more than happy to help with anything. I paid 13500 for my tractor w/ FEL. Now steel has gone up since then but he is really easy to work with.He offered me if I bought any implements the day of purchase of the tractor that he would give them to me at a discount or cost.I can't remember. I have had very good sucess with mine and have had New Holland and Kubota before. My Branson is very stout and I put it through the mill. If you call Mr. Cain please tell him I told you about him. He runs an add in the Quick Quarter, the lafayette edition. His phone # is 337-261-5743.If you have any questions email me at lapmedic@yahoo.com Good luck

/ What can I get with a 15K budget #7  
Cajun Rider, what convinced me over buying a Nortrac or worktrac, stripped Kubota or any other big three that was stripped was the 12 x12 transmission and all the other standard features along with the $4000 savings compared to a big three model that was comparitive to the Branson. The weight of the tractor really helps out also.The front end loader is really strong also. Good Luck