Allis 'g' parts

/ Allis 'g' parts #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Allis \'g\' parts

I may be aquiring an allis chalmers G

I need to get soem prats sources.

Right off the bat I know it will need full sheet metal.. ie upper and lower hood, plus rear of hood, and fenders.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

thanks

Soundguy

/ Allis 'g' parts #3  
Re: Allis \'g\' parts

I see Gs come up from time to time. You might want to wait for a better one or buy that one for parts to use later. All the ones I've seen for sale ran and had good sheet metal.

Rick had a good idea. To expand on that, get a sample copy of Lancaster Farming. It's a weekly with most of the paper filled with ag related ads. One of the sections has lots of ads for stuff being parted out. There might be a similar publication in the Southeast.

/ Allis 'g' parts #4  

In the last year, I've seen 2 "G" s sell at auction. The first was a good runner, but was lacking all the sheet metal, much like the one you've described. #2 was a basket case. Hole in the block, tranny parts missing. No tires. BUT... It had ALL the sheet metal. It went for double the price of the running G. Leads me to believe the sheet metalMIGHT just be the most valuable part of a G. At least the scarcest part(s).

/ Allis 'g' parts #5  

Indydirtfarmer may be tellling the truth for many areas. Here in Iowa the toughest thing to find is the sheet metal. I chatted with a gentleman from Plainfield Iowa on Friday who had a great restored one for sale. I have also seen some parts on ebay lately. I wish you great luck. It is a fun tractor to own. My grandfather had one as I grew up and I wish we still had it.

/ Allis 'g' parts

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I can locate a hood, but so far have had no luck on fenders, and the rear 'nose' that the hood attaches too.
I've sent a few wmails out and left some messages on phones.. So we'll see what pans out in the next few days.

I'll post back when I have more info.

Soundguy

/ Allis 'g' parts #7  

Chris, if you don't have any luck with those sources you're contacted, check out this list. Maybe someone will be able to help youl. John
Tractor Salvage List

/ Allis 'g' parts

Thanks for the list!

Soundguy