John Deere 790 and John Deere MX5 Will it Work?

/ John Deere 790 and John Deere MX5 Will it Work? #1  

TerryWorkman

Has anyone used a John Deee MX5 on a John Deere 790? It's the newer 27HP Model... Is it too light weight or not powerful enough? Thanks Terry.

/ John Deere 790 and John Deere MX5 Will it Work? #2  
No problem with the power but check the weight against the tph lift. You'll want a FEL or front weights for sure!

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ John Deere 790 and John Deere MX5 Will it Work? #3  
I don't know what cutting width an MX5 is but my neighbor has a 790 with a 60" Bush Hog and it doesn't know its back there, well, the engine does not With the loader off, the front end comes off the ground on occasion going up hills. Now he only mows with the loader on, something I cannot stand to do myself.

/ John Deere 790 and John Deere MX5 Will it Work? #4  
I might be mistaken, but I think the 790 brochure shows a 5 footer attached to it. Can't remember if it's the M or L. I ran a Woods 5 footer on my Cub Cadet OK, so I think the 790 could hack it.

/ John Deere 790 and John Deere MX5 Will it Work? #5  
Terry,
I have a 790 with a 6' Landpride, and have had no problems.

/ John Deere 790 and John Deere MX5 Will it Work? #6  
I have a 790 and MX5. No problems at all. The MX5 is at the maximum lift capacity of the tractor, but I've had no problems lifting it. It mows just fine with no trace of bogging down unless you let the grass get too high (e.g. as high as the top of the tractor). You will definitely want front weights or it is VERY skittish whenever you go over a hump. I have 200 pounds of weight on the front.