Simplicity, Country Clipper or Landpride ZTR

/ Simplicity, Country Clipper or Landpride ZTR #1  

vicory

Tractor
Yanmar 220D
Looking at 3 ZTR's, all have 20 HP engines and 52 inch deck. Simplicity Colt, Country Clipper Jazee Two and Landpride which I believe is same as Hustler Super Z. I also looked at the Simplicity 20/50. Any advise, pro or con would be welcome. Price range on all 3 is similar.

/ Simplicity, Country Clipper or Landpride ZTR #2  
I am looking at the Hustler FasTrak Z 20HP Honda with 52" deck. It is $4999 everywhere around here. It looks to be the best built and has a better warranty than most others. It might be worth looking at if you have not already. They also have really good financing going on until May 31st.

Chris

/ Simplicity, Country Clipper or Landpride ZTR #3  
vicory,

I have a Country Clipper Charger and I'm very pleased with it. The joystick control and stand up deck are invaluable.

I can't speak for Simplicity's ZTR's but I've been driving their garden tractors for years with very little problems. If the ZTR is the same quality, I would expect it to be a decent machine.

/ Simplicity, Country Clipper or Landpride ZTR
The Landpride I'm looking at is the same one your looking at in Hustler, same warranty, etc, identical except for color, it is $4,600.00 or $4,800 if you get the better seat. I don't know about the financing though. I like the Country Clipper as well, the deck flips forward for servicing and you get a choice of either a single joy stick or dual levers for steering. Price for 20 hp Kohler with 52" deck is $5,490. I also like the Simplicity Colt, it also has a 20HP Kohler, 52" deck and price is $5,600, it has a true IFS. I have one area that is 4 or 5 swipes on an incline. Wondering if the IFS might help there, has anyone used the ZTR's with moderate banking/slopes?

/ Simplicity, Country Clipper or Landpride ZTR #5  
vicory,

Can you update your profile as to where you live? It may help.
Not sure about the JayZee but the Charger has an articulating front end (axle is hinged in the middle to allow the front tires to raise opposite each other).
I have some pretty serious hills and the Country Clipper climbs all. I get a pucker factor on the steepest so I back off but that hill is so steep it's very hard to walk up. It just feels like the front end is getting too light. Front weights would probably help me on this hill.

/ Simplicity, Country Clipper or Landpride ZTR #6  
vicory, I agree with bczoom on the articulating axle especially if you have a lot of uneven terrain, a solid frame will have one tire in the air quite a bit with mounds and dips (thats why they make box scrapers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Now for the flip side ,If your ground is rather even and somewhat smooth the land pride that is the hustler in disguise would be a bargain in my penny pinching book /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif and the "good seat" I assume is the weight adjustable unit your talking about is a must! If you have test driven one without and one with you already know the difference /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif