Well I've done it New BX 23 comming

/ Well I've done it New BX 23 comming #1  

TroyR57

Gold Member
Tractor
B3200 tlb 290 hrs, Honda Bid Red 2013
Well I\'ve done it New BX 23 comming

Well, I’ve gone and done it, I am buying the Kubota BX 23. I have used this site to review information for this big decision, and came to the conclusion that it will fill the bill. As discussed in another post I only have eight lots, in the small town of Winnfield, LA. My decision to buy at home was an easy one, Patrick Miller Tractor Company, Inc., has three stores in Louisiana, and the one here in Winnfield has a young salesman, Sam Homan, that gave me the best price around, right off the bat, no haggling, and already with the best price, I talked him into some extras. Here’s the deal, Kubota BX 23, $14,400.00, with 12 inch BH bucket, Bar tires; 60” MMM $1,650, High output Alternator $165. He is also going to weld two hooks on the FEL, and the 50-hour service, with him picking it up and bringing it back. This was the best deal around, Ruston wanted $14600, and Alexandria wanted $15300.

The only problem is that he had to order it, and Dallas did not have one, so it will be two weeks before it comes in, and I had to return to work, and will not be home again until June. While at the dealer we were talking about what I needed to do with a tractor, and noticed a nice 5030 sitting on the lot with a little dirt on it, Sam told me that it was the demo, tractor, and that he had got it stuck in his yard last week. I asked if I could try it out, no problem, of course he had my down payment in hand. It had the FEL with pallet forks, which for what I needed, was just what the doctor ordered, as I had a yard full of trees, and stumps that I had dug up with a large track hoe, about three months ago. So I went home and cut them up into 15ft links, as that is about the larges, the city will pick up. The stumps were huge, some weighing in around a thousand pounds or better, the tractor had no problem picking them up, however the ground did not want to support the tractor and the extra weight, got it stuck after moving a few pieces up to the road.
With the FEL I lifted the front wheels out of the muck, and put some smaller limbs under the wheels, which allowed me to back out, leaving the nice new shiny tractor all muddy.
Well it was going to be picked up by the salesman in about an hour, so I had to brake out the power washer.

So even though I want be home until June to play with my new tractor, I feel that this will give the yard time to dry out. And from other post, I see other people have had this problem with trying to get out and do work to soon.

So if any one else is in Louisiana looking to get a Kubota, please give Patrick Miller a try, and if you go to Winnfield, tell Sam I sent you.

Troy Rogers.

/ Well I've done it New BX 23 comming #2  
Re: Well I\'ve done it New BX 23 comming

Congradualtions. My BX23 is a whole lot of fun to use, and I'm sure yours will be too.

/ Well I've done it New BX 23 comming #3  

TroyR57,
I have had my BX23 for about 3 weeks now. I mostly have been using the FEL. What a great little machine! You will enjoy it once you get your hands on it. You may want to look down through the following thread about downloading the workshop manual, compliments of TBN user "gsxr1100 " (Thanks again!) Good luck.
Allen

Thread for BX23 Workshop Manual

/ Well I've done it New BX 23 comming

Well, Sam done it again, thanks to my first Post, another
TBN'er is getting the same deal. I had been, PM'ed, and gave information about dealer phone, etc. Found out today, that Sam made the deal, and will be bring another BX 23 to a happy new owner. Its going to Texas, and just happends to be where Sam's farther-in-laws lives, so he is going to make the driver over deliver, now thats service.

/ Well I've done it New BX 23 comming #5  

I found my dealer the same way. This TBN community has been great. I got a better deal than I could find locally PLUS found a dealer that was really nice to deal with, even if he is a little further away.
Allen

To follow up, I got this photo of the Demo tractor, that I got the use of, after buying the BX 23. This is the Kubota 5030, with paliet forks, that helped move the large Sweet Gum' stumps, and trees, to the street.

Attachments

• 630512-Web 5030 working hard.jpg
    630512-Web 5030 working hard.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 196

another photo of my work, this is looking from the street, two lots back. The very back is where the trees, were taking down with the track hoe, last December, and only now with the help of my Kubota, dealer, getting clean up. These are the larger one, which I know, would have to be cut up more, for the BX to handled. But using the 5030, was easy, if only it was not so wet, got suck three or four times, but used the FEL to get front tires up on top, and put limbs, etc under them, and backed out.

Attachments

• 630520-Web HPIM0378.jpg
    630520-Web HPIM0378.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 199