Relaxing by the fire

/ Relaxing by the fire #1  

LarryD

Veteran Member
Tractor
TC33D
Nothing better than relaxing by the fire with a barley pop after a hard days work. Telling tales of who worked harder and who's gonna show who tomorrow.

Actually, the fire is all that's left of about 20 Alders and a dozen or so stumps with a little slash thrown in. Most were in the 4"-6" range but a couple were near 10" and "sweetie" just doesn't have umph to pull them out, she was diggin' in though.

Next weekend we'll have a little cultural exchange when my friend brings his 'bota over with a backhoe. He extracts and I carry to the burn area. Then we'll have some barely pop.

Attachments

• 624415-pic1.JPG
    624415-pic1.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 760
   / Relaxing by the fire #2  
Those are good times.
Also good times to get the grandkids to come and sit around, letting them tell their camp stories and sing their campfire songs. Regular theatre event sometimes. They go off in the dark and cook up a play, then come back and some pretty amazing stuff gets put together.
Thanks for the pic. Can almost smell the smoke now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Relaxing by the fire #3  
<font color="blue"> Nothing better than relaxing by the fire with a barley pop after a hard days work. Telling tales of who worked harder and who's gonna show who tomorrow. </font>

I hear ya'...

Around here my tractor and I have similar conversations when the work is done for the day.

We never discuss who the hardest worker is though... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We both already know the answer to that one... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Relaxing by the fire #4  
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif ... Ohhh, yeh ... "barley pop" has officially been added to my vocab!!! Thanks! I like the idea of bringin' the kids and grandkids around but ... I'd be learnin' them how to extract ... or more importantly how to "squeeze" wine or corn mash ... ummm, I mean if I were in Australia I'd do that ... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Relaxing by the fire
<font color="blue"> We never discuss who the hardest worker is though... We both already know the answer to that one... </font>

Who worked the hardest is an abstract statement at best. Whle I'm poppin' Tylenol arthritis, she's just gonna curl up and go to sleep...but she sure made my day a WHOLE lot easier. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif