Ordered TC40DA w/FEL and BH today!

/ Ordered TC40DA w/FEL and BH today! #1  

lhfarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA
Thanks for all the advice and help here. I got so excited I even forgot to ask when it might be ready. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

Now I just need to get my Ford 4000 cleaned up and ready to sell.

/ Ordered TC40DA w/FEL and BH today! #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now I just need to get my Ford 4000 cleaned up and ready to sell.
)</font>

DO IT NOW! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The last thing you will want to do after your new tractor arrives is work on the old one. Ask me... I've had my NAA sitting out by my barn for almost four years. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Ordered TC40DA w/FEL and BH today!
I know you are correct. I plan to start this weekend. I may regret not doing a trade-in. The dealer was really interested, but I need as much money as I can get for the Ford.

I need to repaint the hood (it is blue) and do some touch up on the FEL and some other spots. Figure an oil change (with a nice shiny filter) and a check of fluids is about all she needs.

My son says I should take her out the pasture and do a nice digital photo shoot.

/ Ordered TC40DA w/FEL and BH today! #4  
Good choice - congratulations! I don't have any advice for making the waiting time more bearable, but all the frustration will be erased by delivery.

/ Ordered TC40DA w/FEL and BH today! #5  
Read the service manuals, you did get the manuals right? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That will keep you occupied and by the time your New Holland arrives you will know more about it that the dealer does. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Ordered TC40DA w/FEL and BH today!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Read the service manuals, you did get the manuals right? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That will keep you occupied and by the time your New Holland arrives you will know more about it that the dealer does. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>
Bummer, I didn't think of that! The dealer is about 30 minutes from the farm and over an hour from work, so don't know that I can get back there before the weekend.

Speaking of manuals, are there any good articles on working with a BH? Or should I just start digging holes??

/ Ordered TC40DA w/FEL and BH today! #7  
Nice choice - seems like I might have seen a rig like that somewhere recently. Oh yeah, just outside! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Seriously - I love mine - wouldn't change my mind at all.

As for the backhoe - I really didn't find anything to tell me how to go at it. Just got beind the controls and started diggin a hole. After about fifteen minutes, you'll be much better that you were when you started. Just remember that you get a lot more power in the curl of the bucket than in the reach of the arm.

Post some pics when it arrives - and actions shots. None of that "This is how it looked when it came off the delivery trailer." We want to see it movin earth!

Congrats,
Doug

BTW - watch eBay - that's where I got my manuals!

/ Ordered TC40DA w/FEL and BH today! #8  
Congratulations. I have had my TC40D for almost a year now and don't know how I got along without it.