Quick help on Imatch-auction tomorrow

/ Quick help on Imatch-auction tomorrow #1  

jhortonvt

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310
I just previewed an auction I'm going to tomorrow (Sat 4/23/05), and I think there is an Imatch there.

I'm not positive its JD b/c it's been painted black and there aren't any stickers on it.

It seems to be about 30" wide with two hooks at the base of each arm that have spring loaded lock plates. The handles at the top of each arm look a little different than what I see in the JD brochures I have and on their website. And the center has a little adjustable 'tower' with two pins in it. I'm led to believe it was used with JD equipment b/c I saw some green paint marring on it.

Is this an older version of the Imatch?

If so is it worth buying and for how much?

There aren't any other parts to it-ie the bushings I guess you need to put on the equipment.

My dealer gave me a price of $237 (total is $251 with tax), it sure would be nice to save big on this if it would work.

/ Quick help on Imatch-auction tomorrow #2  
Several manufacturers make those quick hitches. It might be a Speeco quick hitch (I think the Speeco units I saw were painted black), seems to me the prices for those new were under a shade under $200 a while back.

/ Quick help on Imatch-auction tomorrow #3  
As mentioned, it is probably not Deere i-Match, but the same thing in black from TSC. About $200 ($199 at store I was at last night). Just look that it is the Cat I, if that is what you want and they are nearly identical to the Deere i-Match. I think my lower hooks on my i-Match are centered at 27.5" if that helps. Mine is Cat I.
Good luck on the auction. Figure in a can of green paint in the price you are willing to pay. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hope you give some feedback on how it sells. TSC sells the bushings for around $14, I think.

/ Quick help on Imatch-auction tomorrow
Bob,
I think thats it...I googled speeco and one of their quick hitches (part # HF141101 I think) looks just like the one I saw at the auction. Seems to retail for about $200.

If no one feels the Imatch is worth paying $250 for I'll probably bid up to about half retail (about $100-125).

We shall see, I'll be checking this post in the AM if anyone has anymore advise...

/ Quick help on Imatch-auction tomorrow #5  
""If no one feels the Imatch is worth paying $250 for I'll probably bid up to about half retail (about $100-125).""

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Not sure how to answer that, because I bought the i-Match /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Sure don't mind that you get what you want though.

beenthere,
Yeah I didn't really state that clearly. What I was inferring was that if people felt the Imatch was far superior than after market brands, I would just buy the Imatch new at the dealer. Or at least I wouldn't even bid past say...$50 on this Imatch 'knockoff'.

Heading to the auction now we'll see

Well the bidding went to $150 and that's when I dropped out. It didn't include the bushings which I've seen advertised for about $20. I decided I'd rather have the new Imatch for another $60, which I'll be getting next week.

/ Quick help on Imatch-auction tomorrow #8  
I was going to sugest not wasting your time. Typically, auctions can bring people to pay nearly as much or more than new for many things...

What was the final price?

/ Quick help on Imatch-auction tomorrow #9  
Thanks for the feedback, and as KennedyDiesel said, typically the auction price on something of this nature goes for near new (or more) $$$'s.

More and more, I visit an auction, wander around and look at the things that I might bid on, and then think "if I want it, why stand around most of the day waiting for the items to come up for bid and go high? just go buy it when you need it (which may be never) and own a new one"

In my limited experience with auctions (I've been to 2 now) I couldn't agree with you guys more. You see something that you think you might be able to get a great price on then you start bidding against some yahoos that have no idea what retail for the stuff is, and before you know it you've wasted 3 hours waiting around for nothing.

I brought my equipment 'bible' -Northen Tool & Equipment Catalog- with me to both auctions and no kidding I saw stuff ROUTINELY go for 20-50% OVER retail.

So the imatch knockoff went for $160 and I'm going to my dealer today to get the real thing-brand spanking new.

Thanks for the input